Not able to download Chase transactions - Browser Upgrade Message Blocks Transmission

Pete

25 Nov, 2019 10:09 PM

Hello,
I just bought Moneydance and the first thing I tried to do is download my banking transactions, except when I attempted to do so a message from Chase popped up requesting I upgrade/change my browser and doesn't allow me to sign in. Any workaround for this? Kind of a primary reason and function for purchasing the software.

Thank you

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 26 Nov, 2019 12:26 AM

Hi Pete,

Do not use the 'Download' button in the account register until after you have established the direct-connect link to Chase.

Can you confirm that you have completed the steps described in the following Moneydance KB article?
    https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/online-banking-and-bill-pay/d...

Before attempting the above mentioned steps, you'll need to authorize your account(s) for access by desktop software. You can do so on the Chase website but the option is a little on the hidden side. If you need a hand finding it let me know and I'll try to point you in the right direction.

Once you've authorized your account(s) go ahead with the steps for setting up online banking. You may or may not receive an error indicating that you need to verify your identity. Log back on to the Chase website and check your Secure Message Center. There should be a message there with instructions on how to verify your identity. Don't worry it's very simple.

Afterwards you should be able to complete the steps for online banking and be able to connect to Chase. (In Moneydance, use the Download... option listed under the 'Online' menu on the main Moneydance menu bar) If that works, then going forward you can use either the Download button in the register or the Download menu item. Personally, I use key-combo(s) CTRL-D or CTRL-SHIFT-D.

HTH -Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by Peter von Stroh on 10 Dec, 2019 05:27 PM

Hello,
    I completed the instructions via the link you provided and I am now able to download banking transactions.
    Thank you!
    Peter von Stroh
     [email blocked]
    Telephone: 954-471-8979
    "The pessimist complains about the wind, the optimist expects it to change, and the realist adjusts the sails" - William Arthur Ward

On Monday, November 25, 2019, 07:26:28 PM EST, -Kevin N. <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

3. 3 Posted by -Kevin N. on 10 Dec, 2019 06:21 PM

Hi Peter,

You're welcome.

I'm glad to hear that you are now able to d/l from Chase.

Thank you for reporting back with your results.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

4. 4 Posted by Eric Coolbaugh on 26 Dec, 2019 09:28 PM

Thanks Kevin for these insights. Very helpful.

5. 5 Posted by -Kevin N. on 26 Dec, 2019 09:36 PM

Hi Eric,

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear that it helped.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

6. System closed this discussion on 26 Mar, 2020 09:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

03 Jul, 2020 10:28 AM
03 Jul, 2020 09:49 AM
03 Jul, 2020 08:26 AM