Password

Olle Lindqvist

27 Nov, 2019 08:20 AM

How do I reset my password for online banking?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 27 Nov, 2019 09:23 AM

Hi Olle,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

In order to reset your password for online banking, navigate to Online-->Forget Online Passwords and also, File-->Passwords-->(unselect) Store Online Passwords in File.

If you would like Moneydance to remember your passwords for automatic downloads again, you can select the “Store Online Passwords in File” option.
    After enabling this, you'll need to enter your login credentials once more, before they're stored.

As outlined in this article in the Knowledge base.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Olle Lindqvist on 27 Nov, 2019 09:42 AM

I tried that but I still get the following error message

There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: US Bank (U.S. Bank - PFM Direct Connect)

The error code reported by the server was: 15502

USERPASS lockout

What do I do?
    ----
    The Linden Group, Inc.
    4208 Ottawa Avenue South
    St. Louis Park, Minnesota 55416
    Telephone: 952/920-8861
    Fax: 952/400-3397
    E-mail: [email blocked]
    Internet: http://www.usaexport.se

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 27 Nov, 2019 10:34 AM

Thank you for clarifying that Olle.

Can you try completely resetting your connection to your bank and see if that fixes the problem you're seeing?

To do this, you'll need to force clear the current connection information for your bank in Moneydance. I'm sending a file called 'remove_one_service_2017.py' that will help do that.

Before proceeding, take a manual backup via File --> Export Backup.

To use the .py file, first save it to your computer and then follow these steps:

1. In Moneydance, select Window --> Python Scripting (Choose 'MoneyBot' if you're using the 2019 version).
    2. In the window that opens, select 'Open Script' then navigate to the .py file wherever you saved it on your system.
    3. Select 'Run' to execute the file.
    4. You will be asked to select which connection you want to clear. Choose your bank, and click OK. You'll get a confirmation message when the connection has been removed. Close the window when done.
    5. Set up the connection to your bank like normal choosing the "New Connection" button. Since all of your settings have been cleared, you should get the most recent connection information for your bank.

Hopefully, that will work. If it doesn't, let me know and we'll continue troubleshooting.

--

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Maddy on 27 Nov, 2019 10:55 AM

Hi Olle,

Please disregard my previous message.

Since the message you're seeing means that the login details have been entered incorrectly too many times, and the account has been 'locked' for downloading.

We would advise contacting your bank, who should be able to re-enable your Direct Connect services and let you know which login details to use. It's important to note that most banks provide different login details than those you would normally use for ATM or online banking.

Please let me know if the problems persist after confirming with the bank that Direct Connect is still active for your account, and the login details are correct.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--

5. 5 Posted by Olle Lindqvist on 27 Nov, 2019 11:23 AM

OK, I will take care of this when I get back from my travels
    ----
    The Linden Group, Inc.
    4208 Ottawa Avenue South
    St. Louis Park, Minnesota 55416
    Telephone: 952/920-8861
    Fax: 952/400-3397
    E-mail: [email blocked]
    Internet: http://www.usaexport.se

6. System closed this discussion on 26 Feb, 2020 11:30 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac