Upload all accounts - Change Account Password

hborchert2

27 Nov, 2019 11:14 PM

I have MoneyDance version 2019 (3) (1880). I changed the PW and UserID for some accounts but Moneydance does not remember the new information. Where can I change the account information so that MoneyDance remembers it when I upload all accounts?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 28 Nov, 2019 11:44 AM

Hi,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

If you would like Moneydance to remember your passwords for automatic downloads, you can select the “Store Online Passwords in File” option.
    After enabling this, you'll need to enter your login credentials once more, before they're stored.

As outlined in this article in the Knowledge base.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by hborchert2 on 28 Nov, 2019 11:58 AM

Hi Maddy,

The problem is that I stored the online Passwords a while ago. Meanwhile my passwords (“PW”) have changed and I don’t know where to enter the new PW’s in MoneyDance (“MD”) so that that MD remembers.
    I already went to Online and Forget Online PW for the individual accounts and then entered the new PW there. But when I later go to Download All Accounts, the system does not remember the new PWs.

Thank you,

Heike

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 28 Nov, 2019 12:12 PM

Hi Heike,

From within Moneydance, can you check if the Store Online Passwords in File option is ticked? To check this, navigate to File-->Passwords.

Please keep us posted on your progress, thank you!

--

4. 4 Posted by hborchert2 on 28 Nov, 2019 12:14 PM

Yes, both “Set Master PW and Store Online PW is checked

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Maddy on 28 Nov, 2019 01:21 PM

Hi Heike,

Please can you select an account and choose Online -> Setup Online Banking?.
    In the window that opens, choose Change Pin and you’ll be prompted to enter your User ID, Current Password, New Password, finally you should confirm new password.

Hopefully this will help. Thank you

--

6. System closed this discussion on 27 Feb, 2020 01:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac