Automatic downloads of banking transactions; downloads of credit card transactions?

George Rowe Nevin

28 Nov, 2019 12:00 AM

Two questions:
• Can Moneydance automatically download banking transactions (on a scheduled basis, say), without my having to initiate downloading?
• Can Moneydance download credit card transactions in the same way as banking transactions, and can this be done on a scheduled basis?

1. 1 Posted by Paul Bedwell on 28 Nov, 2019 06:24 AM

As far as I am aware, there is no facility in MoneyDance to download on a schedules basis. The OSX protocol does allow for Credit Card statements to be downloaded - I do this from my bank.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Maddy on 28 Nov, 2019 02:52 PM

Hi George,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

Can you let me know which bank you wish to connect to?

Moneydance supports automatic downloads via Direct Connect, and you can view a list of financial institutions that support this feature here.

If your bank is listed, you can set this up within Moneydance by navigating to Online --> Set Up Online Banking. Then select 'New Connection' and choose your financial institution from the list.
    Most banks require that you contact them to enable Direct Connect before you can download your data from within Moneydance. When you do this, you'll be given the login credentials you need to connect. Generally, these login details differ from those used for ATM or online banking. You can find the steps for setting this up outlined in this article.

• In regards to your question on frequency: within your Network Preferences, you can enable "Automatically Download in Background" to download transactions when you start Moneydance.

The first time you connect to your bank through Moneydance, Moneydance will download all transactions available on your bank's server.

If your bank does not support Direct Connect, you are still able to easily import your data into the program. The best way to get your files into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site.
    You can download into QFX, OFX, OFC or QIF files (aka Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance. You can find the steps for manually importing your data in this article.
    You can also open your banks website directly from Moneydance by selecting Online --> Open Account Website, which makes the download process easier.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by George Nevin on 28 Nov, 2019 03:27 PM

Thanks for the info – very helpful.

George Nevin
    (510) 338-1201

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Maddy on 28 Nov, 2019 04:46 PM

You are welcome, George! I'm very pleased to hear that.
    I'll close this discussion for now, but do not hesitate to contact us again, if you need further assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

5. Maddy closed this discussion on 28 Nov, 2019 04:46 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac