Old transactions keep downloading

stephen.sapp

02 Dec, 2019 01:05 AM

I am setting up a new MD file. After creating my checking account and setting it up for online banking, I downloaded transactions. My initial opening date for the account is 12/1/2019. Therefore I don't want any transactions before that date. After having MD download nearly 3000 transactions that date back to 2017, I deleted them as they were all before my setup date of 12/1/19. However, with each download, the old transactions are downloaded again. What can I do to prevent these transactions from downloading?

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 02 Dec, 2019 02:27 AM

Hi stephen.sapp,

The short answer is; you can't. It is uncommon for a bank to provide such a long time frame of data via OFX. The general rule is 60 to 90 days.

On the initial connection to your bank's OFX server, Moneydance downloads any and all available data

You should accept the data and use the filters in the register as needed to 'hide' them.

Just as an FYI, the Start Date in the Account properties form is just for your own reference and holds no power over the accounts data.

Something that you could try going forward is after the next closing date, try deleting one or two of the older transactions to see if they continue to d/l.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by stephen.sapp on 03 Dec, 2019 01:41 AM

Kevin,

Can’t prevent transactions from downloading.
    Can’t have a transaction that records both a category and a transfer.
    Can’t budget a transfer.

Can I get a refund?

Stephen

3. 3 Posted by -Kevin N. on 03 Dec, 2019 02:22 AM

Hi Stephen,

From what I understand there is a 90-day refund policy. However I can not initiate it as I am not a member of MD support.

You should likely start a new thread requesting a refund so that it garners the appropriate attention.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac