Account Number not updating

Steve

05 Dec, 2019 04:16 AM

Hi. I recently noticed that the account number for one of my credit cards was jumbled with erroneous information (not sure how that happened, BTW) instead of the correct account number, and so the online transactions were no longer downloading. Up until the end of August, transactions had been downloading correctly.

I noticed the account number issue today and updated the account number information for the account. However, when i go through the online banking wizard, when I get to the "Please choose the account that you wish to use" page, the account number in the drop down menu is still the incorrect one, and I am unable to edit that field or input the correct account number. Why is this information not getting updated from the account settings?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Andrew on 05 Dec, 2019 10:39 AM

Hi Steve,

In the online banking setup wizard, Moneydance connects to the bank with the customer's login information and retrieves the numbers of available accounts from the bank's server. Those are the numbers displayed in the popup. That step of the wizard is asking which online account (specified by the bank) to connect to the current account in Moneydance. So the bank is providing that account number to differentiate that account from the rest of the customer's accounts at the same bank. Moneydance has no control over it, and must use the same account number when downloading transactions from the bank in order for the bank to know the account for which you're downloading transactions. Basically... the bank provides the account number in a way that it likes, and we shouldn't (and don't) change it.

Hopefully this information is useful. If you have any questions please let us know.

--
    andrew, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 05 Dec, 2019 01:01 PM

I am not supports staff, just a user.
    Hi Steve

Just to add, most bank already or are starting to, not include your full account number. This is to increase security. Most only supply the last four digits the rest is encrypted. Maybe what you are seeing.

Hope this helps.

3. 3 Posted by Steve on 05 Dec, 2019 05:18 PM

OK. Thanks. That makes sense. Is there anything else I should check for as the reason it is no longer downloading transactions? I haven't gotten a new transaction since the end of August.

I am able to go through the wizard successfully and the logging in step does pull up the encrypted account number.

4. 4 Posted by Steve on 05 Dec, 2019 05:30 PM

I called my cc company and it turns out that they stopped access for ALL programs except for Intuit products like Quicken.

Intuit must have strong armed them into that deal...smh

Thanks for all the help though.

5. Andrew closed this discussion on 23 Dec, 2019 11:39 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac