Connecting to Prudential

shane.noah

20 Jan, 2020 07:50 PM

Hello,

I am attempting to make a connection to Prudential Retirement via moneydance and I am running into an issue. When setting up the online banking for Prudential I enter "prudential.com" as a broker ID. I then enter the account number in the format of "000000X000000X000" which is plan number, subplan number, and last for of the social security number. When I attempt to connect it asks for the username and password. Once I enter that I get a 2003 account not found error. Has anyone else had this issue or can you point out any incorrect information or syntax?

Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 21 Jan, 2020 11:57 AM

Hi Shane,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

Which version and build of Moneydance are you using?
    To check, open Moneydance and select Help --> About Moneydance (or Moneydance --> About Moneydance on a Mac) where the version and build number will be displayed.

If you haven't already, you should try to recreate the connection with your bank. You will need to disable your current connection and then recreate it using the New Connection button on the Online Banking Setup screen. To do so, you can follow these steps:

1. Select your bank account in Moneydance

2. Select Online --> Setup Online Banking
    3. Click the "Disable" button. If you don't see this button, just close the window.

4. Repeat the previous steps for any additional accounts at the same institution.
    5. Select Online --> Setup Online Banking (again)

6. Click the "New Connection" button and select your bank and hit OK
    7. Continue with the setup process, entering your username/password

Make sure you pick "New Connection", even though your bank is still one of the connection choices after you disable it. Choosing your bank from the long list of available banks will force Moneydance to download the updated information, which should then allow you to connect.

Let me know if you continue to have connection problems after recreating your connection and we'll troubleshoot further.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Mike McClure on 02 Feb, 2020 05:00 PM

I'm having the same problem as well. Disabling and reconnecting has not helped. I last downloaded transactions in November and the connection was working then.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 03 Feb, 2020 01:48 PM

Hi Mike,

Can you try completely resetting your connection to your bank and see if that fixes the problem you're seeing?
    To do this, you'll need to force clear the current connection information for your bank in Moneydance. I'm sending a file called 'remove_one_service_2017.py' that will help do that.

Before proceeding, take a manual backup via File --> Export Backup.

To use the .py file, first save it to your computer and then follow these steps:

1. In Moneydance, select Window --> Python Scripting (Choose 'MoneyBot' if you're using the 2019 version).
    2. In the window that opens, select 'Open Script' then navigate to the .py file wherever you saved it on your system.
    3. Select 'Run/Run Snippet' to execute the file.
    4. You will be asked to select which connection you want to clear. Choose your bank, and click OK. You'll get a confirmation message when the connection has been removed. Close the window when done.
    5. Set up the connection to your bank like normal choosing the "New Connection" button. Since all of your settings have been cleared, you should get the most recent connection information for your bank.

Hopefully, that will work. If it doesn't, let me know and we'll continue troubleshooting.

--

4. 4 Posted by robin cameron on 14 Feb, 2020 02:26 AM

Trying to connect to Prudential Retirement for the first time and get the 2003 error. I am running version 2019.3 of Moneydance.

When setting up the connection, Broker ID has prudential.com and the account number is 123456X000001X1234. I am not prompted for usered and password before getting the 2003 error - account not found.

I am missing something in the setup?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Maddy on 14 Feb, 2020 09:45 AM

Hi all,
    Thanks for letting us know about this issue! I've filed a ticket in our ticketing system regarding this issue, so the developers will be looking into it.

As a temporary workaround, the best way to get your files into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site.
    You can download into QFX, OFX, OFC or QIF files (aka Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance. You can find the steps for manually importing your data in this article.
    You can also open your banks website directly from Moneydance by selecting Online --> Open Account Website, which makes the download process easier.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

--

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac