AMEX direct connect issues

dantdavis

25 Feb, 2020 05:59 AM

This AMEX failure has been going on for about three days.

There is another thread about this issue here:
https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/problems/59435-unable-to-download-transactions-from-american-express

There is discussion about this issue there, but basically - many (all?) MD users can no longer download AMEX transactions via direct connect. This appears to be a new issue, although of course there have been issues with AMEX in the past, as noted in the thread.

I can personally vouch for the fact that *I* can still download AMEX transactions in Quicken.
However, you can view the dialog I get in MD at this time for my five AMEX accounts.

Obviously, this is of concern to those who posted in the other thread. I have confidence that MD will look into this and either resolve it or give advice.

Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 25 Feb, 2020 09:30 AM

Thanks for letting us know! Unfortunately, other customers are reporting the same issue and as you suggest, it's likely that American Express are making some changes to their system.
    I've filed a ticket in our ticketing system regarding this issue, so the developers will be looking into it.

For the time being, without Direct Connect, you are still able to easily import your data into the program. The best way to get your transactions into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download files from your bank's web site.

We'd recommend you download using the OFX or QFX file format if available. If not, use the QIF file format. (These files are sometimes referred to as Quicken or MS Money files). You can import the files to Moneydance using File --> Import.
    The steps for manually importing your data are outlined in this article from the knowledge base.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by TonyRI on 25 Feb, 2020 06:02 PM

Connection seems to be working again with no user changes

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 25 Feb, 2020 06:35 PM

Thank you for reporting back, TonyRI!

That's great news! I'm very pleased to hear that.
    I'll close this discussion for now, but do not hesitate to contact us again, if you need further assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

4. Maddy closed this discussion on 25 Feb, 2020 06:35 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac