Citi Cards Regularly Fails

aamclendon

27 Jun, 2020 01:24 PM

Citi card accounts online banking setup in moneydance regularly returns errors. I've gone through the process of re-establishing online banking in moneydance several times. It works intermittently and then fails. Now, today, resetting everything is no longer working and I can't get any transactions from citi. What's the deal with citi cards?

1. 1 Posted by testonec on 27 Jun, 2020 02:15 PM

I also re-established Citi access a few weeks ago, after an outage of two weeks or so. Transaction download worked fine for a few weeks.

Then, yesterday, I started receiving authentication errors. The same credentials work fine on the Citi website.

2. 2 Posted by pretzel.logic1 on 27 Jun, 2020 02:19 PM

Same here. I have 2 Citi card accounts (Citi only) and they fail authentication and keep asking for the user/password for each account. Other Citi card accounts like sears works fine.

The given customer ID or PIN is not valid. For more information, contact your financial institution.

Additional information from the server:
    We've had a problem processing your request. Please try again later.

3. 3 Posted by davet65 on 27 Jun, 2020 02:23 PM

DITTO !

4. 4 Posted by DonR on 27 Jun, 2020 03:41 PM

I just discovered the same problem.

Why can't Citi Cards get their act together?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Ethan on 27 Jun, 2020 06:33 PM

This is sad news. We had heard that Citi connections were working for everyone for the last few weeks since their last major outage.

For those of you would be willing, could you send us the full contents of your error console in a new private thread? This may contain more detailed information about exactly what's going wrong. We probably only need a few of these to cross reference, so if you're not willing, that's ok.

Here's how to get the logs:

1) In Moneydance, click on the Help menu in the Moneydance menu bar and select the Console Window option. This will open the console messages window.
    2) While the Console Window is open, attempt to connect to your bank. Any error messages should be recorded to the Console.
    3) Select all of the text in the Console and use the Copy to Clipboard button at the bottom to copy the text.
    4) Paste the text from the message window into a text file (preferably saved with a .txt extension) and attach that file to your response.

Again please DO NOT post your logs here or on any public thread, since they may contain your personal account information. Please open up a separate private thread.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

6. 6 Posted by don.gregory on 28 Jun, 2020 12:19 AM

Same problem. Also, the

https://citi.com/datamanagement

website that used to work seems to have disappeared.

I sent you a log file.

7. 7 Posted by danflynn on 28 Jun, 2020 03:49 AM

This is very strange...I have been having the same problem and had just recently attempted to download and got the same error. After reading this thread and seeing your advice, I opened the Console window and tried again....but this time it worked. I've copied the log and will send in a private message.

8. 8 Posted by pretzel.logic1 on 28 Jun, 2020 01:16 PM

I have seen a lot of issues out there with servers here as of late. Makes you wonder what's going on in the cyber security these days or lack there of.. We had an issue last week with IBM Cloud going down and taking out our whole infrastructure in Softlayer.. Even though Citi isn't reporting any issues here https://downdetector.com/status/citi/ the customers are saying they can't login to the mobile app either. I am attaching my log stripped of any personal data but not sure it will tell you a lot so hope it helps in some way.

9. 9 Posted by yash on 28 Jun, 2020 02:53 PM

Same thing with me. Get invalid login. Was working for last few weeks after an extended outage. Ready to cancel my CITI accounts

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Ethan on 28 Jun, 2020 05:51 PM

Hello yash,

All of the errors we've been seeing over the weekend have this "We've had a problem processing your request. Please try again later" phrase. Are you getting a different error message? If so, can you please open up a new private thread and send us your logs, as I outlined in post 5 on this thread?

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

11. 11 Posted by yash on 28 Jun, 2020 06:03 PM

same message.Mark [email blocked]-209-6713
    -------- Original message --------From: Ethan <[email blocked]> Date: 6/28/20 1:51 PM (GMT-05:00) To: [email blocked] Subject: Re: Citi Cards Regularly Fails [Online Banking #16604]

12. 12 Posted by DonR on 30 Jun, 2020 06:16 AM

I just tried downloading Citi Cards again.

It WORKED!!!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

13. 13 Posted by pretzel.logic1 on 30 Jun, 2020 12:12 PM

I also tried this morning and after entering my credentials it downloaded transactions. For one of my accounts I had to go and remove Quicken as the desktop app to manage and set up Moneydance again.

14. 14 Posted by gary.hammer on 30 Jun, 2020 01:29 PM

I was successful today 30 June.
    Needed to enter my credentials but good afterward.

15. 15 Posted by emarmel on 30 Jun, 2020 03:09 PM

Today (June 30), it seems to have started to work again for me, too. I also needed to enter my credentials once, but after that, it just does its thing.

16. 16 Posted by David on 30 Jun, 2020 07:20 PM

Worked for me too now!

17. 17 Posted by davet65 on 30 Jun, 2020 07:56 PM

I have not been so lucky. Can't download. Redid MD account. Went into Citi and deleted and redid MD as app. No luck. Get the following message:

There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: Citi Cards
    Account: Citi 2X Cash MC - YYYY
    Account Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXYYYY

A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
    Error Description: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error:400 Bad Request

Moneydance 2019 did show up in the Citi Desktop Apps page.
    I am running 2019.4 1899

Would going to a new version help??? I have tried 2020v1913 but had the problem discussed here, so went back to 1899:
    https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/problems/61730-previously-confirmed-transactions-no-showing-up-as-unconfirmed

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac