Online Bill Payment

Jeffrey Mitchell

17 Jul, 2020 04:21 PM

I have setup online bill payment with my bank.
But when I try to set an online Bill Pmt, I enter the correct ID and PW, but get a message saying it is incorrec, contact your financial institution.
I contacted SunTrust, and since my ID and PW work on theit site, they said the problem is with Moneydance

1. 1 Posted by Jeffrey Mitchel... on 17 Jul, 2020 04:45 PM

Does Quicken use Direct Connect? Because SunTrust accepts all of my Quicken bill pay data.
    My ID and PW are the ones I use to access all of my account info on SunTrust site.
    Are you telling me I can'y use Moneydance for online bills using SunTrust? I called the bank, and they said the error is with Moneydance

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ethan on 17 Jul, 2020 05:04 PM

Hello,

To clarify, where you using a bill pay system through Sun Trust? Or were you using Quicken Bill Pay for your Suntrust account? These are two separate things. The first would use a program like Moneydance or Quicken to directly connect to your bank's servers and securely initialize payments through them. Quicken Bill Pay is a service run by Quicken. This doesn't actually connect to your bank, but instead goes to whoever Quicken has decided to use as a third-party service at the moment. These can look like the same thing, since they can both be run from within the Quicken program. Quicken Bill Pay also usually involves an extra charge, while connecting to your bank for bill pay usually does not, if that helps to narrow things down. If you were using Quicken Bill Pay, then no, Moneydance cannot support that, since it is a Quicken product, but we may be able to help you connect to your bank's bill pay if that offer that service.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac