Does MoneyDance connect to UK banks and enables automatically downloading of transactions

Rammy

11 Aug, 2020 01:25 AM

And does it do this through Screenscraping or Open Banking API?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 11 Aug, 2020 03:58 AM

I'm a fellow user.

Moneydance currently uses the Direct Connect protocol for the automated download of transactions.

This protocol is largely restricted to U.S. banks, I am unaware of any use by institutions in any other country.

Moneydance has a plan to facilitate the download of transaction data from the Bank's Internet banking sites with scripted based automation. running in what is being referred to as an embedded browser. A beta level implementation of this browser is included in the current release of Moneydance. For any bank that it works with what should happened is that Moneydance is meant to intercept the download transaction stream and trigger the import.

Outside of the US and for those banks in the US that do not support Direct Connect the current position is to manually download transaction data and then manually import it. Moneydance supports all major transaction formats including OFX, QFX, QIF. Some CSV formats can also be imported,

As I understand it the Open Banking API is not currently being made available to software products like Moneydance, it is available to data aggregators, but the use of such services does not meet Moneydance's security policy.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac