Quicken and Voya Institutional Plan Services on a Mac

TRACY FRANDSEN

18 Aug, 2020 10:21 PM

Attached is the file that just came from Voya about Quicken. Moneydance doesn't follow this handout. It asked for a broker ID. Any idea when Moneydance will be updated?

1. 1 Posted by dtd on 18 Aug, 2020 10:42 PM

just a user - is this download connection via quicken a direct connect download or a web connect download?

if direct connect - MD does support that type of connection. it just may not be identical to the quicken screens.

if web connect - that MD does not support nor does it plan to support as this type of quicken connection gives a lot of your information to quicken, and MD is very much into privacy.

2. 2 Posted by Tracy Frandsen on 18 Aug, 2020 10:51 PM

Not sure. How do I find out if it is direct connect or web connect?

3. 3 Posted by dtd on 19 Aug, 2020 12:24 AM

Do you have Quicken, or are you just observing the pdf file provided by the bank?

There is a list (somewhere) remember I'm just a user... that shows what banks support direct connect. Geez - I should go help find that for you. https://infinitekind.com/fi

You can also just "try it". i.e... follow the instructions for Quicken from the bank, but use the moneydance interface as you try it.

4. 4 Posted by dtd on 19 Aug, 2020 12:27 AM

Yes! Appears Voya supports direct connect - so you are probably good to go if you can figure out the "one to one" bit between what they show in Quicken and how MD looks (don't bother asking Voya for MD instructions - only Quicken exists, dontcha know.)

in the list
    Voya Institutional Plan Services

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Maddy on 19 Aug, 2020 09:35 AM

Hi Tracy,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

On top of the useful information you have received, so far, please note that many financial institutions will require you to enable your accounts for application-based online banking. You can accomplish this by asking your bank to set up your account for direct connections from Quicken. Moneydance uses exactly the same OFX server connection protocol as Quicken but your bank representative may not know this and mistakenly believe that you can not connect in Moneydance.

Calling up your bank and stating precisely the following should get you started:

"Please enable direct connect on my account such that I can connect to your servers directly with Quicken. Also give me the login credentials I need to connect Quicken to this service."

Application-based online banking often requires a different login/PIN than the ones that are used for ATM or web-based banking. When you enable your account for access from Moneydance or Quicken, your financial institution should let you know what customer ID/login and PIN to use. 

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance, and thanks for your interest in Moneydance!

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

6. 6 Posted by kekipak135 on 20 Aug, 2020 10:57 AM

Thanks for the explanation

7. System closed this discussion on 19 Nov, 2020 11:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac