OFX to Charles Schwab Bank

finance

23 Nov, 2020 01:03 AM

Anyone having issues downloading transactions from Charles Schwab bank into Moneydance? Issue seems to have affected all accounts starting in October of 2020.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 23 Nov, 2020 01:14 AM

I'm a fellow user.

The issue with Schwab has been the subject of a number of discussions, you can see one of the main discussion at::

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/problems/63978-moneydance-stopped-downloading-transactions-from-charles-schwab

It is expected that an interim fix should be available at the end of November:

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/online-banking/17212-schwab-transactions-not-downloading#comment_48846468

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Maddy on 04 Dec, 2020 11:33 AM

Hi,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

Upgrading to the latest free preview version should fix the connection problem with Schwab.

Moneydance 2021 (2010) is now available to download from this page.

For a full list of improvements in the preview version, please refer to this page.

Specifically, the (end-to-end encrypted) tunneling for OFX exchanges with certain banks (like Schwab) has been enabled within this version.

Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by chris_hardin on 08 Dec, 2020 01:26 AM

Downloaded and tested the new version - worked great for me! Downloaded outstanding transactions in multiple different Schwab accounts - no issues.

Thanks for all the help!

4. 4 Posted by Jonathan P on 08 Dec, 2020 02:00 AM

This comment was split into a new private discussion: OFX to Charles Schwab Bank

Hi -

I downloaded this version - but its no free preview. I installed the above linked file and now its saying I no longer have a license.

The schwab download does now work though!

5. 5 Posted by sth on 20 Dec, 2020 11:52 PM

@Jonathan P, yes, this fix is only in MD version 2021. Since you haven't listed what version you were using it is hard to give exact advice.

If you had paid for version 2020, then this would be a free upgrade and your old key should work.

If you paid for version 2019 or earlier then 2021 would be a half price purchase on the web site.

This price covers all copies used by your household and is a fair/cheap price for this software.

6. 6 Posted by mikepoole on 30 Dec, 2020 11:02 PM

Updating to 2021 (3032) did NOT resolve this issue for me. I still can't download Schwab Bank transactions.

7. 7 Posted by sth on 30 Dec, 2020 11:21 PM

Mike, I assume this a different issue than discussed previously?

1. You may have to disable ALL your Schwab account downloads.
    2. Renable each one, but search for a new connection (Schwab Bank) for you bank (not brokerage. Searching causes a renewed download of the bank info.

OR, use Stuart B.'s Toolbox extension and disable and then delete the Schwab account. I don't think that is necessary but that would be the next thing to try.

That version of MD with fresh downloads seems to be working for a lot of folks.

8. 8 Posted by mikepoole on 31 Dec, 2020 01:42 AM

Thank you. Reconnecting did the trick.

9. Melissa closed this discussion on 31 Dec, 2020 11:27 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

18 Jan, 2021 12:26 AM
17 Jan, 2021 11:08 PM
17 Jan, 2021 11:08 PM