MD+. Plaid and the term "Global"

tgilbert666

21 Oct, 2021 12:48 AM

I was excited to see the announcement of MD+ and the integration with Plaid along with the announcements that North America would be the initial focus and UK and Europe subsequent.

Living "downunder" in Australia, and doing ALL my banking and investing here these days, we are accustomed to being last in any rollout and have learned patience in that process, so I consoled myself with the thought that we would be catered to "later".

However, I have today investigated plaid.com to discover that plaid seem to consider that "Global Coverage" is confined only to countries in the northern hemisphere and don't appear to include ANY countries in the Southern Hemisphere or Asia-Pacific in their "Global" reach, not even in their "Coming Soon" offerings.

This parochial view of "Globalism" is not new, but it's incredibly frustrating, albeit for only a fraction of the world's population.

My questions for Infinite Kind are as follows:
1. Is there ANY plan for MD+ for countries outside non-Asian Northern Hemisphere?
2. Could this maybe addressed in the blog for public consumption?
3. Could IK suggest to Plaid that they're using the term "Global Coverage" in a totally non-Global fashion and perhaps suggest some Truth-in-advertising might be appropriate? (Alternatively, some ACTUAL Global Coverage in their roadmap?)

Regards,
Tony (a generally satisfied user in Australia)

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 21 Oct, 2021 01:28 AM

Currently the only world wide aggregator that is signed up with Australia's Open Banking initiative is one I do not see Moneydance entertaining any involvement with, that organisation openly admits to using customer information for data mining and selling the results, the name of that organisation starts with a Y and ends with a E.

All may not be lost however, it looks like Plaid has signed an agreement with a Sydney based company called Basiq, who are registered with the ACCC for Open banking access, so that it is possible that Plaid customers may in the future be able to access their account via that path.

2. 2 Posted by tgilbert666 on 21 Oct, 2021 06:20 AM

Thanks dwg, that's good information to have, and it's appreciated.

It still doesn't - yet - validate a claim of "Global" from what is barely "International"!

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 21 Oct, 2021 06:25 AM

Truth in Advertising has about as much chance as truth in politics I reckon :)

I suspect TIKs influence on Plaid is about as much as their influence with Banks.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac