That fixed it. It severed several links in the process, so I had to re-link them. However,
Two of the severed links had identical names so first I added nicknames to the accounts.
Even after several refreshes, re-links, and restarts, Moneydance+ did not display the new nicknames so I attempted to disconnect them. Got errors on both - one renamed itself to "no name". After a restart, I was able to delete no-name. After another restart I repeated the same process on the second account. However,
Now it downloaded 1400 duplicate transactions on one of those accounts. I deleted all the downloaded transactions and then tried to download again, but it is only downloading the last 6 transactions. I used the toolbox extension to reset the last transaction date but it was correct: Jan 14, 2022.
I ended up restoring from backup and then deleting the transactions before downloading and now everything is working as expected.
On a final note, I wish the backup on exit included the time in the filename so it doesn't overwrite the existing backups for the day.