setting a beginning date for download of data

's Avatar

wyatt

09 May, 2015 04:15 AM

Am just starting MD and want to download my bank data. But I don't want it to download everything...but rather want it to start with the last bank statement. Is there a way to tell it to only download transactions from a certain date forward?

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 09 May, 2015 12:24 PM

Hi Wyatt,

Specifying a date range is not possible if you use direct-connect. Direct-connect on it's first encounter will download any and all available data from the host's server.

If you are not using direct connect, look to the financial institution's web site to see if they allow the user to manually download a data file with a user-defined date range.

Keep in mind that returning to the use of direct-connect after manually downloading a data file will likely result in all available data being imported into Moneydance.

Having said that, you could use direct-connect and then adjust the 'Initial Balance' so as to reconcile the current balance. You can then use the filters (30 days, 60 days etc.) to mask the earlier txns.

HTH -Kevin N

2. 2 Posted by Robert on 25 Jul, 2015 09:17 PM

Not able to set dates is a problem for too. As a new user, I find not be able to set dates, a reason to ask for a return. I adjusted "initial balance" to my last statement, which should have been sufficient, but I keep having to delete transaction downloading each time above this initial transaction. I didn't see filters. I would have thought filters would be in the online drop down. Where can filters be found?

3. 3 Posted by Ben Spencer on 25 Jul, 2015 09:33 PM

Rather than adjusting the initial balance to the balance of your last statement you should set the initial balance to the balance the account just prior to the oldest transaction that the bank provided with the first download.

The filters are buttons along the top of the transaction list.

Ben Spencer
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by Judy N on 02 Aug, 2015 07:06 PM

Still using demo and having to make the decision of sticking with MSMoney or purchasing the license for Moneydance.

I imported all MS Money files with no problem. Tried direct online banking with my credit cards which downloaded transactions all the back to 2012!! I would have preferred only the current month, but would have been OK if it had only done the first of the year - not 3 previous years.

It's not that I can just hide those(as suggested above) - they affect a bunch of other accounts and categories. I just prefer to keep a clean year or two in the programs.

I had been doing my downloads from the banking sites (not direct online banking) and importing them into the accounts with MSMoney. I was hoping to be able to do direct online banking with Moneydance, but that doesn't look as though it will make any difference which program I use, since I would have to visit all the sites to download, just as I had been doing.

Any other suggestions?

5. System closed this discussion on 19 Mar, 2016 04:56 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac