Alternatives to Quicken Bill Pay

Mike Donehoo

09 Jun, 2015 06:45 PM

My primary bank does not offer OFX bill pay (boo, hiss). I have been using Quicken and Quicken Bill Pay in the past. However, I see from other posts that Moneydance cannot use QBP for bill pay. Can anyone tell me about an alternative bill pay solution in this situation?

1. 1 Posted by avp2 on 29 Jun, 2015 01:36 AM

I have had three banks in the last 2yrs either drop OFX bill pay or add a hefty charge for the service. I have one left (Wells Fargo) that still does free OFX bill pay, but it is also not as convenient for "walk in" business as I would like (due to my current location) and has separate processing for its Web and OFX bill pay - payees in one do not show in the other and same with scheduled (but not cleared) payments.

Hopefully, someone else knows of a free (or low cost) direct access bill payment service they will post about.

2. 2 Posted by Mike Donehoo on 29 Jun, 2015 03:12 AM

Further research has made it clear that Quicken Bill Pay is the only OFX bill pay solution that is not affiliated with a bank. Also, I discovered that I can pay over twice as many people electronically on my bank's website as I could with Quicken Bill Pay. Thus, my solution is double entry, on my bank's website and in Moneydance. It actually saves me time and money, because I had to print more hardcopy checks with Quicken than I do now. And using my bank is free, where Quicken Bill Pay was not.
    ==================================================

I have had three banks in the last 2yrs either drop OFX bill pay or add a hefty charge for the service. I have one left (Wells Fargo) that still does free OFX bill pay, but it is also not as convenient for "walk in" business as I would like (due to my current location) and has separate processing for its Web and OFX bill pay - payees in one do not show in the other and same with scheduled (but not cleared) payments.

Hopefully, someone else knows of a free (or low cost) direct access bill payment service they will post about.

On Tue, Jun 09 at 06:45 PM, mike wrote:

My primary bank does not offer OFX bill pay (boo, hiss). I have been using Quicken and Quicken Bill Pay in the past. However, I see from other posts that Moneydance cannot use QBP for bill pay. Can anyone tell me about an alternative bill pay solution in this situation?

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Alternatives to Quicken Bill Pay.

To unsubscribe and stop receiving emails from http://help.infinitekind.com, visit this page

pre { width: 92%; margin: 10px 2%; padding: 5px 2%; background: #efefef; border: 1px solid #d6d6d6 } blockquote { margin-left: 0; padding-left: 1em; border-left: 5px solid #ccc; }
  3. System closed this discussion on 19 Mar, 2016 04:56 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac