Wells Fargo Error 2000

's Avatar

shauna.brewster

10 Jun, 2015 03:18 PM

Wells Fargo is not syncing today but did yesterday. Updated software this a.m. and disabled link and set up a new connection and still not working and giving same error code.

1. 1 Posted by Ian L on 10 Jun, 2015 03:32 PM

Can you try re-creating your connection with your financial institution and see if that fixes the issue that you're seeing? You will need to disable your current connection to your bank and then recreate it using the New Connection button on the Online Banking Setup screen. To do so, you can follow these steps:

1) Select your bank account in Moneydance

2) Select the Online->Setup Online Banking button/menu

3) Click the "Disable" button.  If you don't see a disable button, continue to step 5.

4) Select the Online->Setup Online Banking button/menu (again)

5) Click the "New Connection" button and select your bank and hit OK

6) Continue with the setup process, entering your username/password

7) Repeat steps 1-6 for any additional accounts

Make sure you pick new connection, even though your bank is still one of the connection choices after you disable it. Choosing your bank from the list of available banks will force Moneydance to download the updated information, which should then allow you to connect.

Please let me know if you continue to have connection problems after recreating your connection.

Ian
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Shauna on 10 Jun, 2015 03:47 PM

Had already done that on all WF accounts before writing. Have done multiple times and still not working

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ethan on 10 Jun, 2015 04:18 PM

When recreating your connection, it's important to use the New Connection button to reconnect to Wells Fargo. If you just select it from the dropdown, you will not get updated information.

If that still doesn't work, you'll need to force clear the current connection information for your bank in Moneydance. I'm sending a file called remove_one_service.py (or remove_one_service_2015.py for Moneydance 2015) that will help do that. Before proceeding, please back up your Moneydance data set, just in case something goes wrong. You can use these instructions to create a backup:

http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/moneydance-2014/how-to-move-your-da...

except copy your data set instead of moving it, in order to create a backup. So far, this hasn't caused any problems, but better safe than sorry!

To use the file, first save it to your computer and then follow these steps:

In Moneydance, click on the Extensions Menu and choose the Manage Extensions option.
    From the list of available extensions, choose the Python Interface extension, then click Install to download the extension and finish to complete the installation.
    Close the Manage Extensions window.
    Again, click the Extensions menu. This time, choose the Python Interface option.
    In the python window, click the read from file button and load the file from whereever you saved it. You will be asked to select which connection you want to clear. Choose your bank, and click OK. You'll get a confirmation message when the connection has been removed. Close the window when done.
    Set up the connection to your bank like normal. Since all of your settings have been cleared, you should get the most recent connection information for your bank.

Hopefully, that will work. If it doesn't, let me know and we'll continue troubleshooting.

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

4. 4 Posted by Michele on 11 Jun, 2015 02:21 PM

Having a lot of problems this morning. Got the error 2000 message. Paid for my upgrade. instructions say to go to Help and then Register MoneyDance but that is not there. Thought that purchase would resolve bank download issue. It didn't. So now I have tried to disconnect/reconnect. It's not working. Saw the remove_one_service thing and tried to do that but you have two files there. Do I use both? When trying to save it, it said that it couldn't save a .py file and it wanted to add a web share ext. to it. Do I do that? Just really wish you had a phone number so I can talk to someone. Need to get into my Moneydance and work.

5. 5 Posted by harveymodlin on 11 Jun, 2015 04:13 PM

Thank you, Ian. This solved the problem for me. I confirm from experimentation (i.e. reading your instructions more carefully the second time) that you were precisely correct when you said, "It's important to use the New Connection button to reconnect to Wells Fargo. If you just select it from the dropdown, you will not get updated information." :)

6. 6 Posted by Michele Herron on 11 Jun, 2015 05:52 PM

This does not work for me.  I am hitting Online, Set Up Online Banking, New Connection, Selecting my bank from menu, Next, Enter password, and it still gives me Error message.
    Michele

On Thursday, June 11, 2015 12:13 PM, harveymodlin <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv5128033261 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv5128033261 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

7. 7 Posted by Jerome on 11 Jun, 2015 06:00 PM

Hi Michele,

Can you try to force clear the current connection information for your bank in Moneydance. I'm sending a file called remove_one_service.py (or remove_one_service_2015.py for Moneydance 2015) that will help do that. You will only need to use one of these files. If you are using Moneydance 2015, you will want to use the 2015 file. For all other versions of Moneydance use the other file.

Before proceeding, please back up your Moneydance data set, just in case something goes wrong. You can use these instructions to create a backup:

http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/moneydance-2014/how-to-move-your-da...

except copy your data set instead of moving it, in order to create a backup. So far, this hasn't caused any problems, but better safe than sorry!

To use the file, first save it to your computer and then follow these steps:

1. In Moneydance, click on the Extensions Menu and choose the Manage Extensions option.

2. From the list of available extensions, choose the Python Interface extension, then click Install to download the extension and finish to complete the installation.

3. Close the Manage Extensions window.

4. Again, click the Extensions menu. This time, choose the Python Interface option.

5. In the python window, click the read from file button and load the file from wherever you saved it. You will be asked to select which connection you want to clear. Choose your bank, and click OK. You'll get a confirmation message when the connection has been removed. Close the window when done.

6. Set up the connection to your bank like normal. Since all of your settings have been cleared, you should get the most recent connection information for your bank.

Hopefully, that will work. If it doesn't, let me know and we'll continue troubleshooting.

Jerome
    Infinite Kind Support

8. 8 Posted by Michele Herron on 11 Jun, 2015 06:05 PM

Am I missing the file you mentioned?  Don't see it.  I did see it on a public discussion.  Identical email as you just sent me.  I tried to save to computer and it said it could not save a .py file and wanted to add a webshare ext. to it.
    Michele

On Thursday, June 11, 2015 2:00 PM, Jerome <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv5531033454 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv5531033454 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

9. 9 Posted by Jerome on 11 Jun, 2015 06:44 PM

Hi Michelle,

I've attached the python files to this message. Are you using a Windows PC or a Mac?

If you're using Windows, then you might be able to select an "All Files" option and save the file with a .py extension that way. Otherwise, you could just save it with whatever extension it wants, and then rename it.

Jerome
    Infinite Kind Support

10. 10 Posted by Sandy Napel on 11 Jun, 2015 08:56 PM

I am having the same problem and have been working with IAN most recently. He suggested using the python script to clear my connection, but referred to an "EXTENSIONS MENU" on moneydance which does not exist. (I am using the app store version on a mac). I really need to get this fixed... anyone have any ideas for me?

11. 11 Posted by eastpascoguy on 11 Jun, 2015 09:48 PM

Hi,

I'm using Moneydance 2015.5

I followed the instructions above and I can't setup the connection back to Wells Fargo. Using New Connection it goes through the steps but when I try and logon I get this error.

There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: Wells Fargo Bank

A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
    Error Description: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error:400 Bad

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by Ethan on 11 Jun, 2015 10:07 PM

Sandy,

Sorry, we didn't realize you were using the Mac App Store version of Moneydance, which has some features missing (notably extensions) as a requirement of being in the App Store. You can download the python extension here and install it by double clicking on it. You should then have an Extensions menu and be able to follow the rest of the directions.

eastpascoguy,

When you say that you followed the directions above, do you mean the directions in the initial post about recreating the connection, or using the remove_one_service.py file that was discussed later?

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

13. 13 Posted by Sandy Napel on 11 Jun, 2015 10:17 PM

Hi,
      All fixed… finally… thanks
    Sandy
    --
    Sandy Napel, Ph.D.
    Professor of Radiology
    co-Chief, Integrative Biomedical Imaging Informatics at Stanford (IBIIS)
    co-Director, Radiology 3DQ Lab
    James H. Clark Center
    318 Campus Drive Room S323
    Stanford, CA 94305-5450
    Phone: (650) 725-8027
    Fax: (650) 498–4554
    E-mail: [email blocked]
    Home page: http://www.stanford.edu/people/Sandy.Napel

14. 14 Posted by Joel Talcott on 12 Jun, 2015 04:22 PM

I have been following the instructions and tried to use the python interface to clear the information. I have 2015.4 on a Mac. However, when I select my financial records file in Read from file, I get an open button and all that happens is that the package opens.

Any suggestions?

15. 15 Posted by Sandy Napel on 12 Jun, 2015 04:47 PM

Hi,
      Don’t select financial records at this point… select the .py file that was sent to you. I attach it here

Sandy
    --
    Sandy Napel, Ph.D.
    Professor of Radiology
    co-Chief, Integrative Biomedical Imaging Informatics at Stanford (IBIIS)
    co-Director, Radiology 3DQ Lab
    James H. Clark Center
    318 Campus Drive Room S323
    Stanford, CA 94305-5450
    Phone: (650) 725-8027
    Fax: (650) 498–4554
    E-mail: [email blocked]
    Home page: http://www.stanford.edu/people/Sandy.Napel

16. Support Staff 16 Posted by Ethan on 12 Jun, 2015 05:01 PM

Hello Joel,

It sounds like you're trying to select your data file in that window, where what you should be selecting is the appropriate python file attached to this thread (either the 2015 version or the one for earlier versions). I apologize if the instructions were unclear.

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

17. 17 Posted by Joel Talcott on 12 Jun, 2015 05:23 PM

Thank you, Ethan. That worked.

Joel

18. 18 Posted by Shauna Brewster on 13 Jun, 2015 11:46 AM

#ignpre

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

19. 19 Posted by tesler on 18 Jun, 2015 05:55 PM

Five tips:

(1) Before you try to recreate the connection to Wells Fargo, create a backup in an appropriate location and name it appropriately. To find the file that needs to be backed up, read part of this help page:

http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/moneydance-2014/how-to-move-your-data-file-to-a-different-location-in-moneydance-2012-and-above

I was glad I had a backup. I made a mistake (see tip 2) that caused some transactions to download to the wrong account. I simply quit MoneyDance and very carefully replaced my original data file by an appropriately named duplicate of the backup.

(2) When MoneyDance asks you for your Online Banking and BillPay account numbers, be sure you pick the CORRECT account number from each check-marked menu. If you pick the wrong number (or you leave the default there when it's wrong) and you Finish setup, then when you try to Download, MoneyDance will sync transactions for the wrong account and you'll have a mess to clean up. (But if you backed up your data file, simply recover it from backup as explained in tip 1. Then read tip 4.)

(3) If you apply Ian's steps 1-7 to one or more Wells Fargo accounts and still get error 2000, then before resorting to Python scripts, try tip 4.

(4) Do all disabling before any setting up:
    - Be sure you know your Wells Fargo Online user ID and password.
    - If MoneyDance is not open, launch it.
    - Disable all your Wells Fargo accounts by applying Ian's steps 1, 2 and 3 to all of them.
    - Set up all your Wells Fargo accounts as new by applying Ian's steps 4, 5 and 6 to all of them.

(5) Once all your Wells Fargo account connections have been recreated, and before you do any editing, download (sync) your Wells Fargo accounts one at a time. Watch the status bar to see how many transactions have been downloaded for each account.
    - If the number seems high or low, or if you see downloaded transactions for the wrong account, then maybe you didn't follow tip 2 carefully. Read it again, especially the end.
    - If all is good, quit MoneyDance, make another backup in an appropriate location and name it appropriately.

20. 20 Posted by Shane Nyvall on 18 Jun, 2015 10:04 PM

I can't seem to save a back up, please help.

21. 21 Posted by Ian L on 19 Jun, 2015 01:34 PM

Hi Shane,

Did you follow the steps in this Knowledge Base article? If so, what problems did you run in to?

Ian
    Infinite Kind Support

22. 22 Posted by mjtbiz on 20 Jun, 2015 09:40 PM

Looks like Wells Fargo is making it more difficult to download their transactions. I got the following message today:

-------------------
    There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: Wells Fargo Bank

The error code reported by the server was: 2000

The financial management software you are using is no longer supported. Please upgrade your software or contact us at 1-800-956-4442 for assistance. (2000:9)
    -----------------------

I have called Wells Fargo, they simply said that they stopped supporting the older communications protocols for Quicken and my account must have been 'updated' recently. They instructed me to contact MD.

I have downloaded and installed the latest version of MD for the Mac: 2015.5 (1225)

I have tried everything recommended in this thread, including using the Python script to clear out the bank connection.

When I attempt to create a new connection (using the new connection button and the username and password for WF that I use to login to the WF website), I get the same error message.

Please help.

23. 23 Posted by mjtbiz on 20 Jun, 2015 09:45 PM

Looks like Wells Fargo is making this difficult. I was able to download transactions a couple of weeks ago, but today I received the Error: 2000. WF simply says that they have updated their systems, which are no longer compatible with the older Quicken communications technology.

I have done the following:

Updated MD to the latest version: MacOS 2015.5 (1225)

Tried to recreate the connection using the New Connection button and the Python script.

When I put in my un and pw for WF, I get the error 2000 and the connection is not made.

Please advise.

24. 24 Posted by tesler on 21 Jun, 2015 04:58 PM

Shane,

You said "I can't seem to save a back up, please help."

Have you succeeded in making a backup? If so, glad to hear it.

If not, follow the first few instructions on the page mentioned in Ian's post #21 but...

After the Documents folder opens in Finder and you have quit from Moneydance, don't drag the original data file out of Documents. Drag a copy instead. One way to do that is to choose Duplicate from the File menu, wait until the data file copy appears in Documents and drag that copy from Documents to a memorable place like the desktop. That copy will be your backup.

If you see the copy but you are not sure it is a valid backup, check that it's the same Size in bytes as the original and has the same Date Modified. If you used Duplicate to create the backup, its name should be the same as the original's name but with "copy" added before ".moneydance".

Larry

25. 25 Posted by ccurrier99 on 21 Jun, 2015 05:45 PM

Fixed mine...thanks for all the comments. Had to use the python file (for 2015), Found I had more than one connection to Wells Fargo, per the python extension. I ran the extension to remove 'Wells Fargo' and 'Wells Fargo Bank'. Only then could I set up a new connection. Hope this helps....

26. 26 Posted by tesler on 21 Jun, 2015 06:12 PM

mjtbiz,

Have you gotten Moneydance to download transactions from Wells Fargo Bank yet?

If not, have you tried the procedure I outlined in post #19?

The difference between that procedure and the procedure in Ian's post #1 is that I applied his steps 1, 2 and 3 to ALL my Wells Fargo Bank accounts before I applied his steps 4, 5 and 6 to those same accounts. If I had a checking account and a savings account at Wells Fargo Bank, I would apply Ian's step 1-2-3 to the checking account, apply Ian's step 1-2-3 to the savings account, apply Ian's step 4-5-6 to the checking account and apply Ian's step 4-5-6 to the savings account.

If you haven't tried that sequence, it's not too late. But back up your data file first!

Larry

27. 27 Posted by mjtbiz on 22 Jun, 2015 01:25 PM

Tesler,

Yikes, I had my iMac crash over the weekend—bad fusion IO card. As it is now on the way to Apple for repair, and I am out of town for a couple of weeks, it will take me a bit of time for me to get back to this.

That said, I only have one Wells Fargo account setup for downloading transactions.

Regards,

Michael Thompson
    C6 CONSULTING
    2348 Cherry St. • Denver, CO • 80207
    (303) 322-9415

Reply-To: <[email blocked]>

28. 28 Posted by Con on 23 Jun, 2015 03:00 AM

I saw the same error 2000 today. I used Tesler's hint at #4 post 19 in reference to Ian at post 1 and resolved this issue in less time than I was on hold with Wells Fargo.

29. 29 Posted by Tom Vogt on 23 Jun, 2015 08:17 PM

I just tried your instructions based on the above, and they worked perfectly. Thank you.

30. 30 Posted by mjtbiz on 05 Jul, 2015 09:18 PM

Support,

Success! I finally figured this out. Here is a tip for others:

When using the Python script, make sure that you remove ALL references to Wells Fargo. In my case there were two: Wells Fargo and Wells Fargo Bank. Until I removed both of the references, I continued to receive the dreaded and annoying Error 2000.

Thanks all for your assistance on this.

Michael

Reply-To: <[email blocked]>

31. System closed this discussion on 19 Mar, 2016 04:56 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac