Wells Fargo

Bryan Herron

11 Jun, 2015 07:12 PM

My Wells Fargo accounts are not downloading today. What has changed and what do I need to do to correct it? Thanks you

1. 1 Posted by Bryan Herron on 11 Jun, 2015 07:33 PM

I tried your recommendation. Unfortunately a lot of duplicate information corrupted my transactions. How can I close without saving so that I an revert back to my previous file?

2. 2 Posted by rwzehr on 11 Jun, 2015 11:26 PM

Once again WFB screws the customers with this BS.

In response to the messages everyone is seeing, I:
    a) updated moneydance to 2015,
    b) went throught the whole rigamarole prescribed,
    c) set up a whole new account, and transferred all the transactions to it,
    and finally after all that, still cannot login with Moneydance 2015 - same message.

The "solution" above only seems to work for about half the users - do I need to find an alternative to Moneydance?

3. 3 Posted by Ian L on 12 Jun, 2015 08:59 PM

Can you try completely resetting your connection to your bank and see if that fixes the problem you're seeing? To do this, you'll need to force clear the current connection information for your bank in Moneydance. I'm sending a file called remove_one_service.py that will help do that. Before proceeding, please back up your Moneydance data set, just in case something goes wrong. You can use these instructions to create a backup:

http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/moneydance-2014/how-to-move-your-da...

except copy your data set instead of moving it, in order to create a backup. So far, this hasn't caused any problems, but better safe than sorry!

To use the file, first save it to your computer and then follow these steps:

1. In Moneydance, click on the Extensions Menu and choose the Manage Extensions option.
    2. From the list of available extensions, choose the Python Interface extension, then click Install to download the extension and finish to complete the installation.
    3. Close the Manage Extensions window.
    4. Again, click the Extensions menu. This time, choose the Python Interface option.
    5. In the python window, click the read from file button and load the file from whereever you saved it. You will be asked to select which connection you want to clear. Choose your bank, and click OK. You'll get a confirmation message when the connection has been removed. Close the window when done.
    6. Set up the connection to your bank like normal. Since all of your settings have been cleared, you should get the most recent connection information for your bank.

Hopefully, that will work. If it doesn't, let me know and we'll continue troubleshooting.

Ian
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by rwzehr on 12 Jun, 2015 09:10 PM

That did clear it. I found two listed - one for “Wells Fargo” and another for “Wells Fargo Bank”. I killed them both by running the python file twice, started over, and signed in successfully.

Thanks!
    Rick

5. 5 Posted by Ian L on 12 Jun, 2015 09:49 PM

Great, glad things are working again. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance, and thanks for using Moneydance.

Ian
    Infinite Kind Support

6. 6 Posted by Barbara Hooper on 27 Jun, 2015 02:26 PM

Ian -

When I click on the read from file button and load the file that I put on the desktop,I get a message that the file cannot be read. I tried with both files you attached.

Do I need to do more than slide the files to the desktop? Can I use either file?

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Ethan on 28 Jun, 2015 01:14 PM

Hello Barbara,

You should be choosing the file that is appropriate to the version of Moneydance you are using. If you are using Moneydance 2015, use the file that has "2015" in the file name. If you are using an earlier version, use the other file. Make sure the files are named the same as how they are titled here after you download them, especially that they still end in the .py file extension. Sometimes web browsers will automatically change file extensions, which can cause them to be read incorrectly by other programs.

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

8. 8 Posted by Barbara Hooper on 28 Jun, 2015 02:26 PM

Ethan -

I guess my question is really basic. How do I save the file to my computer? I have just slid it to the desktop. Should I do something else? It has .webloc after the py.

If I click the 'read from file' button in the python console window and try to load it from the desktop I get a message that there was an error running the script. I tried just erasing the .webloc but it still gives me the same message.

Any more help will be appreciated.

Barbara

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Ethan on 28 Jun, 2015 02:33 PM

Hi Barbara,

Dragging a link to your computer usually just creates a link on your system instead of downloading the file itself. Try right-clicking on the file and choosing "save link as..." (or whatever similar sounding option exists in the web browser you are using) and save the file to your computer that way.

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

10. 10 Posted by Barbara Hooper on 28 Jun, 2015 07:27 PM

Thanks, Ethan. I think I have Wells Fargo working now.

Barbara

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Ethan on 28 Jun, 2015 07:47 PM

Great, I'm glad to hear things have been sorted out. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

12. Ethan closed this discussion on 28 Jun, 2015 07:47 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac