Downloads unwanted acount data to all accounts

Russ Funk

26 Jun, 2015 05:32 PM

I recently upgraded to MD 2015.5(1225) and applied the patch to enable online connection to Wells Fargo. Now when I download transactions moneydance will only download transactions from an account that I have disabled for download and it puts that unwanted data into all 3 accounts that I do want to download from. No actual data from those accounts in downloaded. I have verified that the unwanted account is disabled and I have even wiped out all the accounts and re entered only the one I want.

Is there a fix or a patch for this?

1. 1 Posted by Scott Meehan on 26 Jun, 2015 05:45 PM

Hi Russ,

Can you try completely resetting your connection to your bank and see if that fixes the problem you're seeing? To do this, you'll need to force clear the current connection information for your bank in Moneydance. I'm sending a file called remove_one_service.py that will help do that. Before proceeding, please back up your Moneydance data set, just in case something goes wrong. You can use these instructions to create a backup:

http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/moneydance-2014/how-to-move-your-data-file-to-a-different-location-in-moneydance-2012-and-above

except copy your data set instead of moving it, in order to create a backup. So far, this hasn't caused any problems, but better safe than sorry!

To use the file, first save it to your computer and then follow these steps:

1. In Moneydance, click on the Extensions Menu and choose the **Manage Extensions** option.
    2. From the list of available extensions, choose the Python Interface extension, then click Install to download the extension and finish to complete the installation.
    3. Close the Manage Extensions window.
    4. Again, click the Extensions menu. This time, choose the **Python Interface** option.
    5. In the python window, click the **read from file** button and load the file from whereever you saved it. You will be asked to select which connection you want to clear. Choose your bank, and click OK. You'll get a confirmation message when the connection has been removed. Close the window when done.
    6. Set up the connection to your bank like normal. Since all of your settings have been cleared, you should get the most recent connection information for your bank.

Hopefully, that will work. If it doesn't, let me know and we'll continue troubleshooting.

Scott Meehan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Russ Funk on 26 Jun, 2015 05:59 PM

I have already done this as part of fixing my connection problem with Wells fargo. I can connect to wells fargo, but I get garbage.
    What is the next step?

3. 3 Posted by Ian L on 26 Jun, 2015 08:04 PM

It is likely that this is a mapping issue. Your accounts are not mapped properly (in other words, one account is pointing to each of your Moneydance accounts).
    To fix this, disable the Online Set-up for the problem accounts. Then you will need to re-enable them. Once you have entered your ID and Password click Ok and wait (do not click next). You need to see a window that will display - "Please choose the account you wish to use" - which are your accounts listed in a drop down list. If you bypass this window - your Moneydance Account will map to the first account on this list. Sometimes you will need to just wait for this window to pop-up as it can take several seconds.

Ian
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by Funk, Russell on 26 Jun, 2015 08:43 PM

Ian;

I can’t see how to disable online setup for accounts. I can see how to disable the banking intuition.
    Can you tell me you to disable and then re enable online banking for accounts

russ

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Ethan on 27 Jun, 2015 12:21 PM

Hello Russ,

Open the affected account by choosing it in the left sidebar, go to Online -> Set Up Online Banking, and click on the Disable button. Repeat for all other affected accounts. Then you will need to re-enable them one by one using the same menu. Once you have entered your ID and Password for an account, click Ok and wait (do not click next). You need to see a window that will display - Please choose the account you wish to use - which are your accounts listed in a drop down list. If you bypass this window - your Moneydance account will map to the first account on this list. Sometimes you will need to just wait for this window to pop-up as it can take several seconds. Again, repeat for all affected accounts.

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

6. Jerome closed this discussion on 29 Sep, 2015 07:03 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac