interface with australian commonwealth online banking

's Avatar

eyal

29 Jun, 2015 12:22 AM

Hey,
I'm considering purchasing a moneydance license.
the main feature i'm interested in is automatically connecting to my bank, importing and categorizing transactions - do you do that ?

Do you have a budgeting option similar to ynab or Mvelopes?

Thanks,
e.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 29 Jun, 2015 08:37 AM

Australian banks do not offer direct connect capabilities, and to be honest I doubt if they ever will, it requires a separate infrastructure and I suspect they would also have concerns over security.

That being said if you login to Netbank you have to ability to export transactions in a number of formats: OFX, QIF & CSV, this is also the order of preference as to which type of file to use.

It is possible to directly import OFX and QIF files into Moneydance, CSV files require you to install an extension, and they are more involved to work with.

In either case you will have to select the import method and the file, this is not automated

You classify transactions as they are imported and in time Moneydance should learn and select appropriate classifications where it can, things like cheques would be hard pressed for any software to classify as the description is something like "Presented cheque" and the amount.

I would suggest you download the free trail version and try the software out

2. System closed this discussion on 19 Mar, 2016 04:57 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac