forgetting logon credentials

JT Ferrell

02 Jul, 2015 08:45 PM

I have recently added a new account w/my online bank (USAA). I was able to set up online banking w/no problem like I had done with other USAA accounts. However, in the last 2 days, MD has started "forgetting" my credentials. Every time I try to update all accounts, I have to enter them again, even for accounts that have worked perfectly for years. Any thoughts?

1. 1 Posted by David Hanley on 03 Jul, 2015 11:58 AM

Hi JT,

Moneydance will allow you to save your online passwords only if your dataset is encrypted with a passphrase for security purposes. If you'd like to enable this please do the following:

Open Moneydance.
    Click the File menu -> Encryption .
    Check the box marked Encrypt Data File.
    Choose and confirm a passphrase and hint.
    Check the box marked Store Online Passwords in File.
    Click O.K.

The next time you enter your online passwords, Moneydance will store them in your dataset for later use. You will need to enter your passphase each time you access your dataset. Please be sure not to lose your passphrase, encrypting the file will make your data completely inaccessible to both you, and anyone else without the correct passphrase!

If you've already enabled encryption, and you're still unable to retain your login credentials, can you send us the output of your console log? This can be found by going to Help -> Console window in Moneydance, then clicking the "Copy to clipboard" button and pasting the output to us here.

Hope this helps, and feel free to contact me with any questions about this process!

David Hanley
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by avp2 on 16 Jul, 2015 07:49 PM

Also search on "must-account credentials". MD flags all passwords of a multi-account with one institution for re-entry if any one of the passwords fail.

3. System closed this discussion on 19 Mar, 2016 04:59 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac