downloaded transactions

jeff_hoffelner

14 Jul, 2015 04:29 PM

How do I tell in Money Dance with transactions have been downloaded and which have not been?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 15 Jul, 2015 12:37 PM

Hello,

I'm not entirely sure I understand your question. If you mean if a transaction has been downloaded or if you entered it manually, imported/downloaded transactions have a blue dot next to their description in Moneydance 2015. The dot is filled if the transaction is unconfirmed, and it is unfilled when it has been confirmed.

If this is not what you mean, please try describing your question in a bit more detail.

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by Clinton Gilbert on 21 Jul, 2015 05:27 PM

I think Ethan has the same question/problem that I do.
    How do I handle importing a statement for a month if most of the items have already been downloaded and entered into MoneyDance. For instance on my July Statement all but 3 of the items on the statement were downloaded and entered earlier.
    Hope that helps.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ethan on 22 Jul, 2015 01:35 PM

Hello,

Can you clarify how you are importing your transactions into Moneydance? The most ideal way would be either through a direct connection if your bank supports that (the options in the Online menu in Moneydance) or downloading and importing a QFX or OFX file. Both of those file types contain unique transaction IDs for every transaction, so if you have imported a transaction with that method in the past, Moneydance will recognize that transaction and not import it again.

If you are importing a QIF or CSV file, or are dealing with importing data from a bank where you have only manually entered those transactions before, you will have to merge those transactions in the confirmation process. You can see a detailed explanation of the confirmation process with screenshots on pages 38-39 of our user guide (http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/user-guides/moneydance-2015-user-guide). If you are importing something like a QIF file, you will always have to merge imported transactions, since they do not contain the unique transaction IDs like the other files I mentioned above. If this is your only option, you may want to restrict the date range contained in the files, if your bank allows for that when you download them.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

4. 4 Posted by stashu.pub on 27 Jul, 2015 06:48 PM

Hi,

That's a big reason I created this csv importer:
    https://github.com/stant/mdcsvimporter2015/releases
    https://github.com/stant/mdcsvimporter/releases (prior MD)

It matches imported transactions on multiple fields
    date, amount, payee/desc, check #, memo
    so the next time you import a list of transactions, it will skip duplicates
    and only import new ones.

5. System closed this discussion on 19 Mar, 2016 05:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac