2 Discover card accounts - can only get one working, plus a bonus question.

yezdit

17 Jul, 2015 07:09 PM

Hi,
I have two Discover Card accounts; for example sake I'll call one "Bill" and the other "Ted". Around a month ago they were both working fine for the OFX download. about 3 weeks ago "Bill" stopped working. I did some research in the knowledge base and found that Discover doesn't seem to like special characters in "Bill's" password coming from MoneyDance, however, is fine with that when logging in from web. Nevertheless, I removed the special characters from "Bill" and it now works. Problem now is that "Ted" consistently shows a "2003 account does not exist" error. Upon reviewing the help console screen it appears that whenever I try to download "Ted", the user name for "Bill" is inserted rather than the correct username for "Ted". It does this whether I try a "new connection" or try and use the connection method already in the dropdown list. Furthermore, when I try to edit the online banking service menu, the Refresh button seems to hang and do nothing and the Change PIN button also does nothing.

Please advise.

Bonus Question: Also in reading the knowledge base I see that there are problems with the budgeting module in MoneyDance. My budget module does not work at all. It simply hangs and freezes for an extremely long time and has no useable information. Thus, my budgeting isn't working. Should I start a separate thread question on this or can you point me to another discussion that might help? I'm currently running MD 1215.5 (1225).

1. 1 Posted by Ian L on 20 Jul, 2015 12:04 PM

Could you try clearing your login information using the Online->"Forget Online Passwords" menu option? That should fix the Discover issue. When you do this, it will forget the information for all of your accounts in Moneydance, so be sure to have the info ready to reconnect.

There are some performance issues with the budgeting module that we've been working on. Can you try upgrading to the latest preview release of Moneydance from here:

http://infinitekind.com/preview

and see if that fixes the issue that you're seeing?

Ian
    Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 19 Mar, 2016 04:58 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac