Moneydance 2010 does not work with Flagship Bank

Jennifer

05 Jul, 2010 06:26 PM

I purchased MD 2010 after researching it through reviews. I was very excited and ready to get started, however it doesn't work with Flagship Bank. I want a refund because on the MD website it lists Flagship Bank as one of the banks that accepts OFX standard or whatever. Well I called them to set it up and start paying the fee when the lady told me they do not work with Moneydance at all and she is sorry. I would like a refund because now I have absolutely no use for this program. I am not going to add every entry manually, its bullshit. I thought this one going to be a great program, and they lied because it doesn't work with my bank and now I am left with a license for a program that I cannot use.

1. 1 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 05 Jul, 2010 06:44 PM

Jennifer,

I would be happy to authorize a refund and I am inclined to offer you technical assistance first. This is not an attempt to get out of giving you a refund, if that is what you want let me know and I will authorize it today. There are at least 4 banks in the U.S. with names containing "Flagship Bank". Would you please let me know the city and state where your branch is located?

If your bank does support OFX direct connections, most financial institutions will require you to enable your accounts for application-based online banking. You can accomplish this by asking your bank to set up your account for connections from Quicken. Moneydance uses exactly the same OFX server connection protocol as Quicken but your bank representative may not know this and mistakenly believe that they do not support Moneydance. Calling up your bank and stating precisely the following should get you started. "Please enable direct connect on my account such that I can connect to your servers directly with Quicken. Also give me the login credentials I need to connect Quicken to this service."

Application-based online banking often requires a different login/PIN than the ones that are used for ATM or web-based banking. When you enable your account for access from Moneydance or Quicken, your financial institution should let you know what customer ID/login and PIN to use.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and again, if you would prefer a refund I will process it immediately.

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by Jennifer on 05 Jul, 2010 06:50 PM

I live in Worcester Ma. Also when I called them they told me I had to use my secure messaging on my online banking account in order to set up the connection. Should I send them the message that you just told me?

3. 3 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 05 Jul, 2010 07:24 PM

Jennifer,

The Flagship Bank based in Worcester, MA does support OFX direct connection. I would send your bank the following message

"Please enable direct connect on my account such that I can connect to your servers directly with Quicken. Also give me the login credentials I need to connect Quicken to this service."

Please let me know how it goes, and if you would still like a refund I would be happy to process one for you. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

4. 4 Posted by Jennifer on 05 Jul, 2010 07:26 PM

Okay thank you so much. I will message them now and maybe I wil get some feedback by tomorrow. I will let you know then!! Thanks once again Angie.

5. 5 Posted by Jennifer on 22 Jul, 2010 09:39 PM

Hello again,
    I have been using Moneydance 2010 for over 2 weeks and I have decided it is just not for me. I don't like the graphics and trying to find some answers to all of the questions I have is next to impossible. With that said, I feel I will never use it again and I would like a refund. It just was not for me and I think using a personal finance program is too complex and time consuming to keep up with. I felt like I had to put in a big effort to organize my finances, when I thought that is what the program was suppose to be doing for me.

6. 6 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 22 Jul, 2010 10:53 PM

I am sorry that our product did not meet your needs. I have asked our payment processing partners BMT Micro to process your refund.

They will let you know when the process is complete from our end.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

7. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 22 Jul, 2010 10:53 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac