Investment download not showing matching security in dropdown

MikeL

10 Jul, 2010 12:51 PM

I have two investment accounts that should be referencing the same security. The first account does it properly, the second account doesn't show the security in the list of available securities. The security is defined in the Tools list, and does show up there. See the attached images.

1. 1 Posted by MikeL on 14 Jul, 2010 09:47 PM

Hello, support group?

2. 2 Posted by John Selden on 15 Jul, 2010 06:48 PM

Try manually adding the security to the second account, if you haven't done so already. Disclaimer: I'm no expert at this, so try this at your own risk, although I think all my proposed steps are reversible.

Select the account name in the sidebar, and then click the "Securities Detail" button at the top. There is a dropdown menu in the upper right quadrant of the screen that shows all the securities that are currently included in the account. If the one you've been unable to match is not listed, add it and re-try the matching. To add it, click the "Add Security" button.

If the security was already listed in the dropdown menu, you could try deleting it and seeing if that triggers a new match on your next download.

3. 3 Posted by MikeL on 15 Jul, 2010 08:40 PM

Yeah, I did that (image #1). It still insists on finding another security. I have to assume that the stock symbol is the same for both, but I can't see the symbol for what MD it trying to download.

4. 4 Posted by Tom Freeman on 20 Jul, 2010 07:02 PM

Hi Mike,

John is correct, you have to make sure that the specific security is added to each account. If you have done this and the security is showing up in your options in the security detail window and the transaction is still not allowing you to match it, then I suggest deleting the old downloaded transactions and downloading them once again.

This should clear it up. If not please let me know.

Tom

5. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2011 08:03 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

27 Jan, 2021 10:58 AM
27 Jan, 2021 10:37 AM
27 Jan, 2021 10:09 AM