‘cannot open main class’ error message

neil

18 Jul, 2010 09:41 AM

I am running MoneyDance on a PC with windows Vista. The program was working OK but when trying to start it this morning it came up with the error message ‘cannot open main class’. What does this mean? and how do I correct the problem.
I am not sure if connected but we have also had problems Outlook, yesterday, the PC prompted for some ‘urgent’ driver updates which I allowed. After finding that I couldn’t open Outlook, I restored the computer to about a week ago.

We have also been having an issue with the registration on this version of Moneydance after transferring it from one computer to another, so this could also be part of the problem.

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 19 Jul, 2010 05:45 PM

I suspect that if you transferred the program from one computer to another rather than downloading the software again and installing it this could be the cause of the problem. I recommend that you make sure that you know where you moneydance data file is and that it is safe. This file has a .md extension. Then uninstall the Moneydance program. Then download the latest version of the moneydance program including java from our website and reinstall it. If that doesn't help let me know and I will investigate further.

Sincerely
    Ben Spencer
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by neil on 21 Jul, 2010 08:33 AM

On 20 Jul 2010, at 00:47, Ben Spencer wrote:

> Thanks for your help, that seems to have resolved the problem.

All the best

Neil

3. Ben Spencer closed this discussion on 21 Jul, 2010 01:57 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

27 Jan, 2021 10:58 AM
27 Jan, 2021 10:37 AM
27 Jan, 2021 10:09 AM