Transaction Split Feature Broken

Earl

21 Jul, 2010 08:37 PM

I know that the split feature has been discussed before, but it seems to change in the way it breaks with every new release. I'm using Windows XP, Moneydance version 2010r3 (751). I am trying to categorize my credit card transactions in the split window. As soon as I select the payee (credit card company), the split window pops up with all the transactions that were made on the previous month's payment. "Delete split" will delete individual lines, but cannot delete the very last line. Each new credit card transaction (same payee) should NOT bring up an old split window that contains the old split entries. Or, there should be a way to eliminate all the old entries in one step. Now, neither of these possibilities exist. Does Moneydance insist that I create a separate credit card account, even though I pay that account from the same place?

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 26 Jul, 2010 06:45 PM

Hi

When you enter a description in a new transaction and tab to the next field, MD will auto complete the category. If you had previously had a split in the category for that description, MD will copy the old split info into the new transactions split. This is the intended behaviour requested by a number of users. It is my understanding that this has been the behaviour for at least a couple of years.

To delete the splits in a split press ctrl-A to select them all and then press the delete key on your keyboard. This will delete all except the last split line. The reason for this is that a split transaction has to have at east 1 split. Modifying this last line should be no more work than entering a new line. However I understand that it could be confusing. I have created a suggestion ticket that suggests that when all split lines in a split window are deleted the window should look like a brand new split window. A brand new split window has one split line with default category and no entry in the amount field. This ticket is attached to this discussion.

Sincerely
    Ben Spencer

2. System closed this discussion on 31 Mar, 2015 03:29 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

27 Jan, 2021 10:58 AM
27 Jan, 2021 10:37 AM
27 Jan, 2021 10:09 AM