Online bill pay with Chase Bank

Lisa

02 Sep, 2009 04:52 PM

I just downloaded the trial version of Moneydance and am trying to set up online bill pay with Chase Bank. I was able to successfully set up Online Banking with Chase, and was able to connect and successfully download transactions from my checking account.

However, when I try to set up online bill payment, I am unable to do it. It asks me for my account name and password, which I type in same as for online banking, but then I cannot go any farther - the next screen where you click the button to enable Online Bill payment is grayed out and I can't select anything, can only cancel out of it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by rfroh on 03 Sep, 2009 11:57 AM

This is s similar issue I have had with connecting with Citizens Bank for online bill pay.

I sent the OFX log to Moneydance support team. Hopefully they are working on this.

Bob

2. 2 Posted by Lisa on 05 Sep, 2009 05:12 PM

If I can resolve this issue, I will definitely buy Moneydance, but If I can't resolve it, then I definitely won't, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Lisa

3. 3 Posted by avp2 on 05 Sep, 2009 10:24 PM

A former WAMU bank customer, I became a Chase Bank customer in July. Online banking (direct connection) has been working fine, but I had not used on-line bill pay yet. I just set it up and uploaded a payment without problem. I entered "Chase" in the connection list, vs Chase Manhattan Bank and Chase Investment Services.

I am running MD version 641 on a G4 mac with OS X 10.4.11.

4. 4 Posted by Jessica Little on 10 Sep, 2009 09:52 PM

Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry for the delayed response. Sometimes, you need to call your bank to activate online Bill Pay before it will become available in Moneydance. Do you know if this is the case with Chase? You could perhaps try calling them to be sure that this service is available with your account.

I Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any further questions or problems.

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

5. 5 Posted by avp2 on 10 Sep, 2009 10:27 PM

I did have to have them turn on direct connect service, what they call "Quicken online services" if I remember correctly. However, I did not have to ask for on-line bill pay specifically.

BTW, direct connect service costs $9.95 per month and is not offered free with any of their personal banking accounts.

Just in case it was missed, there is a limit on the number of transactions that can be handled in the demo version. Could the limit have been reached?

6. 6 Posted by Lisa on 12 Sep, 2009 04:34 PM

Thanks. It seems to have been a problem with Chase, and I've now been able to set up the online bill pay in Moneydance. Now that I know it works, I'm going to buy it.

7. 7 Posted by Jessica Little on 13 Sep, 2009 12:06 PM

Hi Lisa,

Glad to hear it's working for you. I hope you enjoy using Moneydance!

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

8. Raimund Buchholz closed this discussion on 31 Jan, 2010 11:27 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac