Crashing in Snow Leopard

robs

12 Sep, 2009 02:19 PM

Hi there,
I have never had Moneydance crash on me until today, after I have upgraded to Snow Leopard. For no reason really. Seemed to get abit confused drawing drop down menus (one remained on the screen over the top of anything else that opened) then fell over.
Cheers,
Rob

1. 1 Posted by Jessica Little on 19 Sep, 2009 05:26 PM

Hi Rob,

What version of Moneydance are you using? You can find out your version by going to the Help Menu and choosing the About Moneydance option. If you are not using the most recent preview version (2008r4 Build 642), please update to that version. You can download the update from our website.

Please let me know if you continue to have crashes. Hopefully updating will solve your problems.

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by Richard on 21 Sep, 2009 11:15 AM

Hello - I thought I'd let you know that I have the same problem.

With Mac OS 10.6.1 when I start MoneyDance I get a "Moneydance quit unexpectedly" dialog. (Meaning, of course, I don't get chance to do Help -> About Moneydance to check the version).

I downloaded the "Moneydance (full application) for Mac OS X 10.3 or higher" from the like Jessica posted, but it does the same thing.

The work around:

$ cd /Applications/Moneydance.app/Contents/Resources/Java $ java -cp appsrc.jar:jcommon-1.0.12.jar:jfreechart-1.0.9.jar:moneydance.jar Moneydance

At least the app starts and I can carry on doing stuff.

3. 3 Posted by Brian Adler on 21 Sep, 2009 03:15 PM

Rob and Richard,

From the terminal/command-line try running:
    cp '/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub' '/Applications/Moneydance.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub'

The problem seems to be coming from that application stub, which Apple may have updated recently. Have you performed any of the hacks that are out there for enabling the 64 bit kernel (If you have, it probably isn't a good idea to have done so)?

Brian

Moneydance Support

4. 4 Posted by Richard Dallawa... on 21 Sep, 2009 09:49 PM

Thanks Brian - that's worked for me.

And yes: I had once booted my machine into 64 bit mode (and then
    rebooted very quickly afterwards back to normal mode).

Richard

5. Raimund Buchholz closed this discussion on 09 Dec, 2009 11:29 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac