When I enter a memorized transaction, it is always marked "cleared" when it shouldn't be

zrd

19 Sep, 2009 04:42 PM

I often use the "memorize" feature to save an existing transaction so I can easily enter it each month.

If the original transaction is marked "cleared" when I memorize it, the resulting reminder transaction inherits the "cleared" attribute.

At least I assume that's what is happening. Whenever I enter the reminder transaction, the resulting real transaction has one half already marked cleared. This isn't useful; I want the new transaction to be uncleared until I actually clear it.

I can't figure out how to change the reminder transaction so it makes uncleared transactions. In the "Edit Transaction Reminder" dialog box, the transaction is NOT marked cleared. "Show other side" doesn't work in this dialog box.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 21 Sep, 2009 02:55 PM

Hi zrd

There is an existing ticket for this issue in our issue tracking system. Here is the ticket:

http://moneydance.com/trac/ticket/1715

If you register and log into trac you can vote on tickets. We use these votes to help us prioritize our work.

Until this is fixed I recommend marking a transaction as uncleared before you memorize it.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

2. Raimund Buchholz closed this discussion on 22 Jan, 2010 01:33 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac