MD disappears, and won't reload

Dale Fiorillo

14 Nov, 2009 03:39 AM

MD would not open, it only showed it was looking at the E:, where the backups up are stored. I downloaded and installed a new program. The green opening page would not restore the many accounts I had. I went into the backups and found a jmd in a folder called Money, clicking that brought back the entire pragram as last used! OK, but now when I click the icon the program opens but show it is coming from the E:, not the C: where the program is loaded. Or is it? Why would the program suddenly not open? Lost here in Seattle. Dale.

1. 1 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 15 Nov, 2009 03:06 AM

Dale,

Could you please let me know what operating system you are using, which version of Moneydance you were using, and which program you installed that caused the issue? This will allow us to better diagnose your issue.

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by Dale on 16 Nov, 2009 01:07 AM

Hi Angie. The os is Windows XP-sp3. The version is 2008r4(640). Nothing was installed, just the morning boot up. The computer is my wife's, and I don't use it.
    By opening a backup with Moneydance from the flashdrive it works, but Moneydance doesn't seem to keep the latest backup. that may be operator error. I'll work on that. Would just Moneydance to backup on every close.

I really believe this is some minor glitch. The wife likes Moneydance way better than Quicken, except for the inability to print. Maybe the 2010 version will have that. thanks, Dale.

3. 3 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 24 Nov, 2009 06:49 PM

Dale,

The problem may be that Moneydance isn't looking at the folder where the backups are going. Go to the "File" menu, select "Preferences", and check out the "Backup" tab. It will let you select where you want your backups kept, and how frequently to make them. I personally use the "Make a Backup Every Time You Save" option, mainly because I've had one too many computers crash on me!

You can print from accounts in Moneydance 2008, it's under the "Actions" menu. To print my home page I just do a screen grab, but I recognize this is not a perfect solution.

Are you still having an issue with the program not opening from the C: drive? Do let me know so we can figure out a solution.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance.

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

4. Raimund Buchholz closed this discussion on 02 Feb, 2010 08:28 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac