MoneyDance does not open

Thomas Labus

30 Nov, 2009 03:45 PM

My MoneyDance no longer opens properly. I gives the splash screen, then shows up likes it is running in the task bar and task manager, but I can not see it's window. It seems like it may have started after a Windows update (kb973687 and kb976098-v2). I have tried removing the updates, uninstalling and reinstalling Java, and going to a restore point from before I used it last, and I am still having the same problem. I am using Windows XP Media Center with SP2, and Java 6 Update 7 (I need to stay at the version for some of my Cisco software to work). I have also tried reinstalling Moneydance, and have attempted a new install of the MoneyDance 2010 after this as well. No events appear in my Windows logs. When I close the app by right clicking and closing from the task bar, it asks if I want to save the file as if I were in the program in the first place, so I am confident that it really thinks it is open , I just can't see the window.

1. 1 Posted by Thomas Labus on 30 Nov, 2009 03:47 PM

This is MoneyDance 2008 build 640

2. 2 Posted by Ben Spencer on 30 Nov, 2009 03:48 PM

Hi Thomas

Please try right clicking on the Moneydance item in the task bar and selecting maximize. This is a known problem with some versions of windows and we are still researching a fix.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

3. 3 Posted by Thomas Labus on 30 Nov, 2009 03:49 PM

OMG! It worked! Thank you so much! And especially for the fast response.

4. 4 Posted by Ben Spencer on 30 Nov, 2009 03:52 PM

Welcome!

5. Ben Spencer closed this discussion on 30 Nov, 2009 03:52 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac