Check Printing Shortcut

Frank A

06 Feb, 2019 01:41 PM

Hi,
Before the last update, the key combination Shift+Control+P started the check printing dialog. Now, this key combination starts the page setup dialog and there seems to be no shortcut to open the check printing dialog. Could this be changed back or an additional shortcut created for check printing?
Thanks,
Frank

1. 1 Posted by Frank A on 18 Feb, 2019 03:03 PM

Hi,
    Could you tell me if this has been reviewed and if any action will be taken?
    Thanks,
    Frank

2. 2 Posted by larry on 26 Feb, 2019 04:05 PM

I'm wondering about this too. Muscle memory has me keep doing cmd+shift+P (Mac) only to have it bring up the Print Setup dialog.

3. 3 Posted by Henry on 27 Feb, 2019 01:03 PM

Hi Frank and Larry,

I apologize for the delay getting back to you.
    I have notified our developers about the option to add or exchange the shortcut for check printing.

I will notify you here as soon as I receive a response regarding this.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by Henry on 27 Feb, 2019 03:54 PM

The lead developer, confirmed that a change will be applied, I am however not yet sure when this will happen.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

5. 5 Posted by Frank A on 27 Feb, 2019 09:34 PM

Henry,
    I appreciate your help.
    Thanks,
    Frank

6. System closed this discussion on 29 May, 2019 09:40 PM.

7. Frank A re-opened this discussion on 20 Jun, 2019 10:56 AM

8. 6 Posted by Frank A on 20 Jun, 2019 10:56 AM

I just upgraded to 2019.3 and Shift + Control + P still starts the page setup dialog. Could you possibly up the priority for changing this key combination back to Print Checks or some other key combination? I really miss this shortcut.
    Thanks,
    Frank

9. System closed this discussion on 19 Sep, 2019 11:00 AM.

10. Frank A re-opened this discussion on 20 May, 2020 03:30 PM

11. 7 Posted by Frank A on 20 May, 2020 03:33 PM

Not sure why this was closed as there is still no key combination to start the check printing dialog. Shift + Control + P still starts the page setup dialog. Could you possibly up the priority for changing this key combination back to Print Checks or some other key combination? I really miss this shortcut.
    Thanks,
    Frank

12. Support Staff 8 Posted by Ethan on 20 May, 2020 06:50 PM

Hi Frank,

I'll pass your request on to our developers. Our support system automatically closes all threads after three months. That doesn't close our internal bug/suggestion ticket for program features, so this request is still open from the perspective of our developers, regardless of the status of this thread.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac