zWachovia Connection Problem

Steve

13 Dec, 2009 08:13 PM

Whenever I true to connect to zWachovia using the credentials I've been using for years with MS Money, I get an error messsage that states: "There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below. Bank Name: zWachovia."

Can you please help resolve this? I am in the process of evaluating MoneyDance and want to make sure it supports my banks. I am able to successfully download transactions from America Express.

1. 1 Posted by jsmit24 on 13 Dec, 2009 09:21 PM

It supports Wachovia. Go to http://www.wachovia.com and logon there. Whatever gets you in with their site works with Moneydance. I have 2 Wachovia accounts, and I've been using Moneydance 2010 for a week or so, and everything works fine with Wachovia,

2. 2 Posted by Steve on 13 Dec, 2009 10:12 PM

Jeff, do you connect to Wachovia or zWachovia? zWachovia is a certain connection profile for bank accounts that Wachovia acquired over the years. My guess that you are a straight up Wachovia customer and not an acquired account. zWachovia does not use the same credientials as I use when I go to www.wachovia.com - it never has - I went thru this with Wachovia support when I had issues with Microsoft Money Plus and I had to re-setup my accounts. The support tech had to provide to me my zWachovia credentials which look totally different then your online www credentials and you cannot change these. The username is a 10 digit number and the password is a 4 digit pin, neither of which I created.

3. 3 Posted by jsmit24 on 13 Dec, 2009 10:15 PM

You're right... I use standard Wachovia.

Sorry then that my information won't work for you.

Maybe some of the moneydance people can help you. I'll go back (if possible) and remove my reply to your post so no one will think you received an answer.

Best of luck!

Jeff

4. 4 Posted by tim.bolling on 16 Dec, 2009 03:15 AM

Steve,
    I also use zWachovia and have noticed some bugs with MoneyDance. I evaluated moneydance in the past and had problems, but I ended up buying MD 2010 because as a former MS Money user I ran out of options. MD 2010 requires account Routing Numbers and Account Numbers so I thought things would work this time but they really don't. Here is what I have observed...
    I have multiple Wachovia accounts which I can readily access via wachovia.com and MS Money. However, using MD I can set up a zWachovia connection for each of the accounts (formerly First Union) BUT only 1 of the accounts ever gets updated in MD. If you figure out which account is the "lucky" one, it will work and update properly in MD. If you are unlucky, and you set up the "wrong" account, you will get an error. Do you have multiple Wachovia accounts? Have you tried to set up each of them or only one? Set them all up (individually or all of them) and see if one and only one of them does not update when you Download All Accounts.

5. Jon Hoover closed this discussion on 02 Feb, 2010 08:06 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac