Can't Save My File

Greg

16 Dec, 2009 05:03 AM

I just downloaded Moneydance tonight. Downloaded the trial demo and started entering transactions. Hit the 100 transaction maximum and then purchased the license. Then registered, and it let me continue. Now I am done for the evening, and I am trying to Save. I hit Save, and everything seems fine. Then I try to close out of Moneydance, and it asks me if I want to Save. I hit Save. Then I try to close and it asks me if I want to Save. I'm in a continuous loop. Net, it doesn't seem to be taking my changes as it continues to ask me if I want to Save. I then tried to hit Save As to have another copy of the file in case there were problems with the initial Save, but it doesn't ask me for a file name. Net, I'm not sure it's saving, and I'm "scared" that if I close out and hit No (when it asks me to Save), I will lose my last 2 hours of work. Any advice?

1. 1 Posted by Greg on 16 Dec, 2009 05:25 AM

Latest update.

So now I have tried to export my work - since I can't save it (did a search for .md files and there are none on my MacBook Pro) - in an attempt to not lose the last 2+ hours of work. I exported my open file in all file formats available - QIF, tab delimited, and XML. Now when I try to import these files back into MD, none of these files are available to be imported. How can this happen? This is my first experience with Moneydance, and it's not going so well right now. Is there anything I can do so that I don't lose the last 2+ hours of work?????

2. 2 Posted by Ben Spencer on 16 Dec, 2009 09:24 PM

The failure to save bug is related to an old version of java. We have written a fix in to build 727. You can download build 727 from this link:

http://moneydance.com/trac/wiki/Moneydance2010Beta

I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

3. Ben Spencer closed this discussion on 16 Dec, 2009 09:24 PM.

4. Greg re-opened this discussion on 17 Dec, 2009 02:21 AM

5. 3 Posted by Greg on 17 Dec, 2009 02:21 AM

Thanks Ben. Is there any way to save what I already have input or transfer it so that I don't have to input it all over again?

6. 4 Posted by Greg on 17 Dec, 2009 03:30 AM

Here is a suggestion. Why don't you change the download page so the 727 version is used instead of the 723. Then you wouldn't have so many people having the same issue that I'm having. It's pretty frustrating. And in fact, I'm questioning if I should even use this software. If you put out a beta version without letting people know, and no one caught that you can't save a file after inputting data, I really have questions about the programming integrity. In fact, I would like to have my money back. Can you please do that for me. I'm not excited about the possibility of something happening down the road that would result in me losing all of my data ... again.

7. 5 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 17 Dec, 2009 03:57 AM

I am sorry that our product did not meet your needs. I have asked our payment processing partners BMT Micro to process your refund.

They will let you know when the process is complete from our end.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance.

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

8. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 17 Dec, 2009 03:57 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac