Java SE 6 runtime

Brad Anderson

15 Oct, 2019 02:00 AM

I currently have Moneydance 2010 and I’ve Just updated my Mac to OS X Catalina. I’m now getting the Java SE 6 runtime error saying I need to download it. I have tried to remove the current Java plugin with no luck. I’m considering getting Moneydance 2019 and need to know if my old saved 2010 files can be imported to the new version. Is this possible?
Since I already have MD 2010 can I get the 1/2 off price, and if so, how can I prove I previously purchased it?
Any help would be great!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 15 Oct, 2019 09:06 AM

Hi Brad ,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

We recommend running Moneydance 2019.3 (1880) on Catalina. This is available for download at this page.
    Please note, if you purchased via the Mac App store, you can simply log into your account using your Apple ID and your update should be available for you, there.

Newer versions of Moneydance are bundled with Java, so you won't need to install this separately on your computer.

We recommend creating a backup before proceeding with the upgrade, as the newer version uses a different file format and cannot be opened with the older versions once converted.

Finally, if you purchased your older license directly from us, would you be able to provide the email/billing address used at the time of purchase, so that I can look into this for you, again?

Thank you

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Brad Anderson on 15 Oct, 2019 02:24 PM

Hello Maddy,

I read more threads last night on your site and came to the same conclusion that I needed to upgrade.
    I downloaded Moneydance 2019 last night from the App Store and everything is working great.
    If there is any way to receive a credit or voucher that would be great.

My billing address is:
    14070 SE Hines Drive
    Clackamas, Oregon 97015

Email is either:
    [email blocked]
    [email blocked]

Any help would be great!!
    Cheers!

Brad

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 15 Oct, 2019 02:36 PM

Hi Brad,

Unfortunately I was unable to locate your previous purchase of Moneydance.

Do you recall purchasing Moneydance 2010 directly from our website? If so, would you be able to provide the email/billing address used at the time of purchase?

Thank you

--

4. 4 Posted by Brad Anderson on 15 Oct, 2019 10:42 PM

I’m not sure where I purchased it. I know it was before the Mac App Store existed. It could have been from a third party, but I do know it was a download and not a physical disc. If the billing address I gave you doesn’t pop up in your system I guess there’s not much I can do.

Brad

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Maddy on 16 Oct, 2019 08:19 AM

Hi Brad,

I've checked our records using your billing address and I have located a purchase of Moneydance 2008.

I can confirm your license key is:
    - B330815-C5ECABEF

When you purchase Moneydance directly from us, you can upgrade to the next version for free. Your license key is valid with Moneydance 2008 and also Moneydance 2010.

If you'd like to upgrade to Moneydance 2019, from our website, you can enter your license key into the 'Upgrading?' box on this page to redeem a 50% discount. After purchasing, you'll be sent a new license key via email.

Finally, since you purchased Moneydance 2019 from a third-party site, such as the Mac App Store, you will have to go through their site to process your refund request.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--

6. 6 Posted by Brad Anderson on 17 Oct, 2019 02:56 PM

Maddy,

This is great! Thank you so much for getting this sorted for me.

Have a great rest of your week!

Brad

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Maddy on 19 Oct, 2019 06:29 AM

You are welcome, Brad ! I'm very pleased to hear that.
    I'll close this discussion for now, but do not hesitate to contact us again, if you need further assistance.

--

8. Maddy closed this discussion on 19 Oct, 2019 06:29 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac