Discover Bank Download

jrduke1

26 Oct, 2019 10:51 PM

I can no longer download Discover Bank Directly into MD using the down load button on the top of the register page. I disabled the connection and created a new connection . That didn't help. I have 4 accounts at Discover. All fail to download. I called discover and they referred me to Quicken for trouble shooting. So I'm contacting you. I'm on a Mac running Catalina altho I think the problem started before I up gadded. Using MD 1888.

Jerry

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 27 Oct, 2019 11:26 AM

Hi Jerry,

Unfortunately, I don’t have the best news regarding the Discover connection.
    It seems that Discover are no longer supporting automatic downloads to software other than Quicken and Intuit programs.

You can read the public thread about the Discover issues on this page.

One customer has advised contacting the bank directly and asking them to reconsider the changes they’ve made. It’s possible that with enough requests from their customers to support Moneydance, they’ll revert to allowing our Direct Connect downloads.

Without Direct Connect, you are still able to easily import your data into the program. The best way to get your transactions into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download files from your bank's web site.
    We'd recommend you download using the OFX or QFX file format if available. If not, use the QIF file format. (These files are sometimes referred to as Quicken or MS Money files). You can import the files to Moneydance using File --> Import.

Moneydance 2019 includes en embedded browser (currently a beta feature) that makes downloading from the banks website much easier. We're also working on another feature (coming soon) that will remember how you download from the banks site and help to automate the manual import process.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by jsmit24 on 30 Oct, 2019 11:53 PM

Well... Personal Capital is not an Intuit product, and their download still works every day. How can they do that while we can't?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 31 Oct, 2019 11:13 AM

Hi Jerry,

Moneydance only supports automatic downloads via Direct Connect - This is for your security, and you can read more about why we only support this connection type in our blog and also in this article.

By only using Direct Connect, we can guarantee that your username, password and financial data only ever exists with your bank or on your own personal computer, and at no point are your details stored on another server.

We consider the security of your financial data an enormous responsibility. We fiercely believe that your financial information should be secure and only accessible to yourself, your financial institution, and anyone with whom you explicitly choose to share it.

Unfortunately Discover Bank no longer supports this connection method.
    If they revert to supporting Direct Connect in the future, we'd be happy to establish a connection with them.

Now Discover Bank uses other connection methods that Moneydance does not support, called Web Connect and Express Web Connect.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

4. System closed this discussion on 30 Jan, 2020 11:20 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac