Customer Support number??

Beverly Jacob

15 Nov, 2019 05:40 PM

Is there a customer support number or Chat I can use to help me open my moneydance app I have had for years??

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 15 Nov, 2019 07:32 PM

I'm a fellow user.

Moneydance support is provided through these forums or by email.

TiK is a small company selling software world wide and it would not be feasible to provide Telephone Support on such a scale or Chat support 24 x 7 x 365.

2. 2 Posted by Beverly Jacob on 15 Nov, 2019 07:36 PM

Got it, thanks, int the end I had to download a new version of Moneydance and unfortunately I was only able to transfer my transactions up until 2016 

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 18 Nov, 2019 11:59 AM

Hi Beverly,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

I can see you’ve received a reply from one of our knowledgeable Moneydance customers, in regards to receiving support. We normally aim to respond to your initial message within 24 hours, and after that we'll get back to you as quickly as we can. If you create a public discussion as you have done, you'll also hear back from some knowledgeable Moneydance customers.

In addition, I believe that you've updated your operating system and you had to update Moneydance, as well. Is this correct?

Also, it might be useful to know which version of Moneydance you upgraded from.

If your old data was saved in either of this formats:

FileName.moneydance and FileName.md-Date, they can be opened using File —> Open —> Open Other (‘Open Other’ from the Welcome window) in Moneydance 2019.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by beverly jacob on 18 Nov, 2019 02:43 PM

That is very helpful, I will try searching md
    I kept looking for moneydance (spelled out) files
    Thanks you

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac