Cursor jumps around without direction

Karen Jones

04 Dec, 2019 04:12 AM

New user here. Have loaded bank transactions and am trying to add categories. Cursor will not stay on the selected transaction but jumps arbitrarily to another transaction.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 04 Dec, 2019 04:50 AM

I'm a fellow user.

To begin to diagnose your problem I believe support will be looking for some detail on your setup, specifically

1. What Operating System and version are you using.

2. What sort of mouse are you using.

3. What version, including build number do you have installed.

4. Post a copy of you Moneydance error log, the error log can be found at:

If you're using Mac OS, it should be located at one of these locations within your Home folder:

~/Library/Containers/com.infinitekind.MoneydanceOSX/Data/Library/Application Support/Moneydance/errlog.txt

or:

~/Library/Application Support/Moneydance/errlog.txt

If you have any trouble finding your Home Library folder you can open Finder and hold down the option key while selecting the Go menu and the Library folder option should occur or you can open Finder and select Go -> Go to Folder and copy and paste in the following:

~/Library

This should pull up your local Library folder.

If you're using Windows, it should be located under your login directory at:

C:\Users\(yourusername)\.moneydance\errlog.txt

or

C:\Documents and Settings\(yourusername)\.moneydance\errlog.txt

Depending on your version of Windows

If you're using Linux it should be located in your home folder at:
    ~/.moneydance/errlog.txt

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Maddy on 04 Dec, 2019 11:24 AM

Hi Karen,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

Which version and build of Moneydance are you using?
    To check, open Moneydance and select Help --> About Moneydance (or Moneydance --> About Moneydance on a Mac) where the version and build number will be displayed.

Can you let me know which operating system you're running on your computer/s?

We released a fix for a similar mouse/clicking problem last year, but it sounds like this clicking issue may have returned. This problem meant it took multiple clicks before the selection was registered.
    Previously, this issue effected customers using Apple 'Magic Mouse' and some Logitech mouse that include 'gesture' features.

Do you have another trackpad or mouse you can use, to test if this problem is related to the mouse hardware?

Thank you

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by kwjonesabq on 05 Dec, 2019 02:47 AM

Thank you.  It was not a MoneyDance problem.  It turned out that my new computer mouse is much more sensitive to touch than my previous mouse, and I was inadvertently dragging my fingertip and causing the problem myself.  

Karen

4. 4 Posted by kwjonesabq on 05 Dec, 2019 02:53 AM

Thank you.  Although I'm having some MoneyDance problems, this was not a MoneyDance problem.  It turned out that my new computer mouse is much more sensitive to touch than my previous mouse, and I was inadvertently dragging my fingertip and causing the problem myself.  

Karen

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Maddy on 05 Dec, 2019 02:38 PM

You are welcome ! I'm very pleased to hear that.
    I'll close this discussion for now, but do not hesitate to contact us again, if you need further assistance.

P.S. You can keep refering to your other thread for queries related to a different subject matter. This is simply for consistency. Thank you for your cooperation.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

6. Maddy closed this discussion on 05 Dec, 2019 02:38 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac