File Export Questions

Yvon

05 Dec, 2019 03:30 PM

I wanted to export a subset of my data that included inactive accounts. I changed all my closed accounts by unchecking the inactivate and unhide being unchecked so that the export would include that data. I am not sure if I needed to do this or not, the documentation did not specify. Does the inactive checkbox affect what transactions and accounts are included in the export?

For a test, I tried exporting one cash account with all records. This account has only 2019 records and only about 2-3 per month. The QIF file included the cash account, all the security names in the brokerage, all the cleared transactions. It failed to include the uncleared transactions in Nov, is this the correct behavior? The file then listed all the security prices. Securities should have nothing to do with this cash account so why are they included?

What I WANT to do is include all the accounts for a given month EXCEPT the brokerage account and securities linked to it. Since I could not find a way to do this, it seems as though it is an All account or one account choice, I will accept including the brokerage data. Is there a way to select a subset of accounts or is it only All or One?

Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by Yvon on 05 Dec, 2019 04:43 PM

I amend my statement about uncleared transactions in that cash account export, it did show up, I was expecting the records to be in date order, and they were not. Other questions still apply.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac