DivXFr creating share price if $100

contact.brianwong

13 Mar, 2020 02:23 AM

Thanks for your wonderful software which I have been using for years.

Recently, I found that the DivXfr entries are creating a $100 share price value which I cannot edit or change. See attached screenshot.

Even though I tried to edit the security to ensure the security price is correct, this $100 default value is still being used to determine the value of the security holding. This is making the networth report go out of whack as its taking the $100 as the security price.

Can you advise if there's a way to rectify this?

Sincerely,
Brian

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 13 Mar, 2020 02:43 AM

I'm a fellow user.

While transactions like DivX often show a greyed out share price value in the register, this should only be a placeholder and should not have any impact on your price history, there is after all no buy or sell transaction associated with this. It has been argued that any placeholder info should not be shown.

For a price to be reflected in your worth it means there is likely an entry, for some reason, in your security history and set as the current value.

To check this take the menu option Tools --> Securities. Select the security in question and double click on it to open the history window.

Check to make sure the current price is correct, correct if needed, I would also scroll through the list and remove any incorrect prices, but I would look at the securities details graph first to see if it looks like any prices are out of place.

2. 2 Posted by contact.brianwo... on 13 Mar, 2020 06:18 AM

Thank you. Yes, I found the error - its a list of price history under the Edit Security. There seems to have been some historical prices created automatically. After correcting these the Networth report is accurate again. Thank you for the response.

3. contact.brianwong closed this discussion on 13 Mar, 2020 06:18 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac