Download quotes of mutual funds...

MWA_LAS

07 Apr, 2020 10:24 PM

This has been an ongoing problem with Moneydance and I don't see why it can't seem to get a fix!

As an example:
As of today (Tuesday 4/7/20 @ 3:10pm Pacific time), Moneydance is reporting a mutual fund price (PRDGX) of $41.64. That was last Friday's close (4/3/20). I have two apps (Stockfolio and even Apple's Stock App) that are reporting the correct close of this mutual fund today of $44.33.
This is resulting in a situation where one doesn't really know what their portfolio really is at using MoneyDance... which would be nice to know under these current crazy market conditions (which have nothing to do with this app's problem).

Come-on MoneyDance you can do better that this and it's been a problem for a long time!

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 07 Apr, 2020 10:32 PM

I'm a fellow user.

Quotes are supplied from outside sources, AlphaVantage in the case of the Quotes and Exchange rates Extension and Yahoo or FT in the case of the Quote Loader.

If these sources do not update the prices or do not have the prices there is really nothing Moneydance can do about it.

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 08 Apr, 2020 08:10 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi MWA_LAS

Have you tried the extension Quote Loader to check if either of its sources are providing more up to date prices? Just tested both return $44.33 at time of test.

If the Quote and exchange rate updater does not work well for you try the extension Quote Loader under EXTENSIONS – MANAGE EXTENSION

For information see post 29 at
    https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4914-the...

Download the PDF attached to posts 29 and have a read.

To get an overview take a look at the YouTube videos by using the links on page 1 and 2 of the PDF.

Let us know how you get on or if you need help just post.

Hope this helps.

3. 3 Posted by MWA_LAS on 16 Apr, 2020 10:36 PM

Just used (installed) the Quote Loader and it seems to be working fine. Great!

4. 4 Posted by derekkent23 on 17 Apr, 2020 07:56 AM

Hi MWA_LAS

Thanks for the feedback.
    Glad I was able to help.

Have Fun

5. 5 Posted by MWA_LAS on 29 May, 2020 05:08 PM

Just to confirm the quote loader is working great! Very helpful along with the powerful export to Excel options!
    MoneyDance continues to be the best out there for the Mac!

6. 6 Posted by derekkent23 on 29 May, 2020 05:19 PM

Hi MWA_LAS

Thanks for the update.
    Its good to hear Quote Loader is adding user value to Moneydance and perform great for you.

Have Fun, Stay Safe.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac