Summary Page Expenses Graph doesn't show Personal category

tbhimdi

01 May, 2020 03:27 PM

I'm filtering the box in the Summary Page for the Expenses Graph to "Expenses: Last 30 Days" and I can't seem to display any of my expenses in the "Personal" category/subcategory.

I've looked all over the place to enable this, anything I'm missing?

Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by tbhimdi on 10 May, 2020 12:38 PM

Is anybody else experiencing this issue or is there some setting I'm missing?

2. 2 Posted by Ben on 12 May, 2020 01:03 PM

On the third row below "Last 30 days", is Accounts set to "All Accounts"? For example, if you use one credit card for all your personal spending, that spending won't show up unless that card's one of the accounts being graphed.

3. 3 Posted by tbhimdi on 12 May, 2020 02:43 PM

I'm not seeing a "third row" on the Summary Page for the Expenses Graph. Attaching a screen snip of what I have.

4. 4 Posted by Ben on 12 May, 2020 02:58 PM

Sorry, I was thinking of the graph you can access from the menu: Tools -> Graphs and Reports -> Expenses. I can't yet see how to adjust the one on the Summary Page.

5. 5 Posted by tbhimdi on 01 Jun, 2020 03:02 PM

Morning InfiniteKind Support. Is it possible to get a response to this? This could be human error on my part with some setting, but I would be grateful to get this sorted please. Thank you!

6. 6 Posted by Ben on 07 Jul, 2020 11:01 AM

Did you ever resolve this? If it's still a problem, I can imagine a few ways to work out what's happening, starting with toggling that view to "Income: Last 30 Days" to see if that's missing transactions too, or is collecting your personal expenses as well.

(I'm not with InfiniteKind support, I'm just a fellow user.)

7. 7 Posted by tbhimdi on 07 Jul, 2020 05:33 PM

Hi Ben, no, was never able to resolve this. Thanks for checking in.

But as I was literally typing the above, I decided to check the Income & Expenses Detailed report to see how much $$ was missing in the Summary Page and I think I found the reason (thanks for bumping this, wouldn't have figured it out without it!).

So I have many Personal:X transactions in many categories. I also have income gifts which I tagged as Personal:Gifts. And since Personal:Gifts is an Expense category and I use it both Income & Expense (so that I can easily track the net gift for instance every month), if the Personal:X category turns out to be net, the summary page won't show anything at all, even the Expenses-only.

I created new income categories and moved all transactions that belong in there and now the Summary Page works. I lose the ability to track the "net" for each subcategory at a quick glance, but can't have everything alas. I'll just have to create a report for it separately, wish I could still check them "at a glance".

8. 8 Posted by Ben on 07 Jul, 2020 06:33 PM

Aha - I vaguely wondered if it was something of that sort but it sounds like you've nailed it completely! A memorized report should work for the net but yes, shame about "at a glance".

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

09 Aug, 2020 08:38 PM
09 Aug, 2020 08:37 PM
09 Aug, 2020 08:33 PM