Reverse Stock Split

lmiller103's Avatar


07 May, 2020 06:55 PM

A company I own shares in hyas undergone a reverse stock split. i.e. The 210 shares I owned have been exchanged for 70 shares of new stock. How do I record the fact that I now own 70 shares at the same total value as my old 210 shares.

  1. lmiller103 closed this discussion on 07 May, 2020 07:34 PM.

  2. lmiller103 re-opened this discussion on 11 May, 2020 06:34 PM

  3. 1 Posted by lmiller103 on 11 May, 2020 06:34 PM

    lmiller103's Avatar

    The solution in the "Spin-off"is not correct since it leaves the cash balnce incorrect. You have to enter the removal of the old shares at the cost of the original purchase.

  4. 2 Posted by -Kevin N. on 11 May, 2020 08:03 PM

    -Kevin N.'s Avatar

    Hi lmiller103,

    Have you tried entering a 1 for 3 stock split?

    -Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

  5. 3 Posted by lmiller103 on 16 May, 2020 07:47 PM

    lmiller103's Avatar

    Yes I entered 1 for 3 reverse split.

  6. 4 Posted by sth on 18 May, 2020 01:37 AM

    sth's Avatar

    Enter that in the stock history entry window. This should automatically adjust the number of shares as of that date.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:


Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts


? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac