Which Account ?

jmorgie

19 May, 2020 03:25 PM

In the Summary tab, I can search over all accounts, for example, a particular vendor. I get a nice list of the transactions for that search. BUT what account is each transaction? Not shown. Please add a field to show the Account belonging to. DO NOT tell me to double click on the transaction ... it wipes out the search report and then i have to recreate the search. DO NOT tell me to right click and get a window with details ... I did that and the account name is not in the details. You really ought to be add an ability for the user to customize what fields they want .in the register view[s]

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 19 May, 2020 03:43 PM

Hi jmorgie,

Try the 'Advanced Search' item listed under the Moneydance 'Edit' menu.

It generates both sides (Account & Category) of each transaction. Allowing you to see both the Category of the transaction as well as the Account that houses it.

Be aware though that tinkering with transactions in a 'Category' account can have unexpected results due to the backward nature of the beasts.

Drilling down into a transaction from the results leaves the search window results in tact.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac