Moneydance not opening.

Kerry

22 May, 2020 02:26 PM

Used Moneydance yesterday with no problems. Moneydance will now not open. Welcome to Moneydance screen appears. Version 2019.3 (1880) appears under Welcome to Moneydance but is "dulled".

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 22 May, 2020 07:37 PM

Hello,

It sounds like the program is opening, but you're only getting to the Welcome Screen? Are there file names for you to click on the right side of that window, and is one of them your data file? Let me know if I'm not understanding what you are describing.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Kerry Ostrom on 22 May, 2020 07:49 PM

Ethan,
    Thanks for getting back to me.
    There are no file names to click on. I only see the left side of the Welcome Screen.
    Kerry

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ethan on 22 May, 2020 08:16 PM

Hi Kerry,

Do you remember where you were saving your data? If not, it is likely in the default file location, described at: https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/file-locations-and-changes/de.... Could you check that location for your data file?

If it's not there, you must have been saving your data in a custom location. If you're not sure where that was, try searching your system for all files that end with the ".moneydance" file extension. If you find any data files, use the open other option from the Moneydance welcome screen or the menu bar (File -> Open -> Open Other) to select your yourfilename.moneydance data set.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac