Bug with MD latest beta release Quoteloader

michael

22 Jun, 2020 01:15 PM

Just updated to latest MD release 1912 and noticed that Quoteloader does not update todays prices. My run on various datasets listed the Trade Date as 19th June.

I rolled back to 1904 and then ran Quoteloader which now shows the correct date of 22nd June and todays prices.

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 22 Jun, 2020 01:48 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi michael

Strange, I am running Moneydance 2020(1913) and Quote Loader 3025 without any issues.

Can you post one of the ticker symbols you are having a issue with.

2. 2 Posted by michael on 22 Jun, 2020 01:52 PM

Derek

Vie just rolled back to 1904 so bear with me while I roll forward again. Actually it would be interesting to see if it repeats the error

Michael

3. 3 Posted by michael on 22 Jun, 2020 01:56 PM

Derek

A reinstall of 1912 seems to have sorted the issue.

I am struggling with another problem that seems not to attract the attention of IK

The individual stock quotes chart ALL start at 18/02/2011 irrespective of the date the holding commenced.

This is the date the stock broker account was set up. Its hugely annoying and whilst they did look at it in Feb I naturally cant get any response from them at present.

Vie tried all the obvious and I can tell you that there are NO price points for the stocks as fa rback as this.

Michael

4. 4 Posted by derekkent23 on 22 Jun, 2020 02:56 PM

Hi Michael

The only time I see the situation you are describing is when the same security is held in more than one investment account. If the Security Detail window displayed is for the investment account with the later buy date then the graph will extend back to a date before the first buy in the chart. In fact, back to the date in of the first buy in the other account. The History window for the security is common to all accounts. Have you any other investment account with the same security, even if they are inactive and removed from the side bar?

Hope that helps.

5. 5 Posted by derekkent23 on 23 Jun, 2020 06:15 AM

Hi Michael

There is a new Moneydance 2020 build 1914.
    The build note reads
    “Remove extraneous historical prices from the base currency upon loading “

Its possible this may solve the issue you are seeing.

Hope this helps.

6. 6 Posted by michael on 23 Jun, 2020 07:46 AM

Hi Derek

I sent a dataset over to Sean so he could identify the issue.

He emailed me over night and I have now upgraded to 1914.

It sorts the issue for all GBP (base currency) holdings but the problem persists for $ holdings although interestingly not for any other currency.

I await 1915!!!!!

Regards and many thanks

Michael

7. 7 Posted by derekkent23 on 23 Jun, 2020 08:59 AM

Hi Michael

Thanks for the feedback.

8. 8 Posted by michael on 23 Jun, 2020 09:57 AM

Sean/Derek

This is all to do with historic currency price points.

If you go into a currency history you will see on the data set I sent that the history goes back to 18/2/2011 – magically the date to which dollar stocks chart back to irrespective of when bought.

If you then delete the price points for say the whole of 2011 for $ the chart now starts at 1/1/2012 instead of the date of acquisition of the stock. If the stock has no earlier price history than its buy date it assumes the price on the purchase date and takes that back to 2011!!!!

Over to you guys to sort that one out but that’s the problem

Michael

9. 9 Posted by derekkent23 on 24 Jun, 2020 02:03 PM

Hi michael

I did a test and your analyses seems to be correct.
    MD 2020(1914) with a Security with a foreign currency there can be an issue with its Security Detail Graph.
    In a test data set I have a security in a foreign currency whose data in its currency/security history window goes back to 1/7/2018 (dd/mm/yyyy) and the graph starts on the same date. However, if I go into the relevant Currency exchange rate window and say add an exchange for 1/1/2016 then the graph is extended back from the 1/7/2018 back to 1/1/2016 as a flat line.
    Certainly, one for Sean to fix.

Hope this helps.

10. 10 Posted by michael on 24 Jun, 2020 02:14 PM

Derek

Yes exactly as I found the issue having carried out an identical procedure!

Have cc Sean or should I?

Michael

[email blocked]

07850 855555

11. 11 Posted by derekkent23 on 24 Jun, 2020 02:23 PM

Hi

I have posted on Sean's Slack site with a link to this discussion.

Hope this help.

12. 12 Posted by michael on 24 Jun, 2020 02:26 PM

Derek

Many thanks

Michael

[email blocked]

07850 855555

13. 13 Posted by michael on 17 Jul, 2020 08:12 AM

Derek

I know you are closely involved with Mike Bray and Quoteloader. This admirable piece of kit has developed an oddtry in the last few days principally since I upgraded to the latest version.

Some unit trusts with GB codes wont load or return zero. I changed them to yahoo look up and 2 of them then picked up.

Any idea what’s happened or if it’s a known issue?

Ill attach a screen shot. Incidentally I also got a null with Nestles which had always picked up via LSE but when I changed it to a swiss exchange it was fine.

Separately I still have the charting issue despite it going up to Sean for a resolution!

Michael

14. 14 Posted by derekkent23 on 17 Jul, 2020 08:55 AM

Hi Michael

It looks like you are obtaining data for a large of securities.

Can I ask you to follow the process below and post the resulting file.
    I can then import this into a test data set and see first-hand what is happening.
    Obtaining Security Symbols from Moneydance CSV Format

The following approach uses the Portfolio report to export a CSV to a spread sheet that includes Security name and Ticker symbol. Note all securities will be included except those that have never been purchased. Securities that were purchased but now have zero shares will be included.
    In Moneydance in the side bar click on the report “Portfolio”.
    1. Click Edit, Reset, tick “Include zero Balance Account”, OK and then Copy to Clipboard.
    2. Open your spread sheet program. The following is based on windows excel; however hopefully other spread sheets have the same capability.
    3. In the spread sheet top left-hand cell click paste.
    4. Delete all columns except the columns containing Security Names and Symbols.
    5. Delete all rows that do not contain Symbols, including the row containing the word “Ticker”.
    6. You should now be left with a list of Security Names and their associated Symbols.
    7. Save as a CSV file.

I will thing about your charting issue. Can you provide a link to that discussion?

15. 15 Posted by michael on 17 Jul, 2020 09:30 AM

Derek

Attached excel

Includes all codes including some which no longer exist. The ones that seem to be a problem are the GB unit trust indicators as well as Nestle which is quoted on the LSE but only picks up now from SIX in Zurich.

Ill send you a separate email trail although you were actually involved in it and I have email from you on the subject!

Michael

16. 16 Posted by michael on 17 Jul, 2020 09:42 AM

Derek

This is the basic issue.

The charting went back to 2011 regardless but it transpired to be partly due to some old base currency price points which were deleted via the last release. That however didn’t sort it completely as stock in non base currencies were still afflicted.

Michael

Sent: 23 June 2020 08:48
    To: [email blocked]
    Subject: RE: Historic Stock Charts [Problems #61147]

Sean

Just to add a bit of info I have noticed that stocks in currencies other than $ are not affected. So I hold Nestle in Swiss Francs and that charts correctly.

Michael

17. 17 Posted by derekkent23 on 17 Jul, 2020 11:05 AM

Hi Michael

I have not had time to do more than import all your securities into a test data set, which takes some time.
    I have not set up any Exch Mods yet, just clicked GET PRICES.
    All prices were returned as you can see from screen shots, but I appreciate they may be for the wrong securities as I have not set an exchange.
    To do this I need to know your setting. For any securities not using LSE just provide a list of tickers and there Exch Mod and I will test further this evening and also take look at your other issue.

18. 18 Posted by michael on 17 Jul, 2020 11:20 AM

Derek

The issue is with the unit trust codes starting GB followed by a series on numbers. You can see these are all grouped together.

The first two in the list of nulls as shown on the attached highlighted in red do return prices via yahoo but from 2 weeks ago!

The rest ar null and on attest return a pass with a zero price or a null on a fail.

Using FT (as I have always done) returns null as per the screenshot. Using Yahoo returns correct prices for the first two in the list and null or zero for the rest. Vie checked that the cdses are correct (they were last week so why not now) and also used the codes to look up a price on yahoo which returned a live correct price. All use LSE as source and again that is unchanged from last week when it worked perfectly for these stocks all of which are unit trusts BTW

The only stocks using overseas exchanges are Nestle (SIXT but was using LSE until yesterday) Crowdstrike CRWD Nasdaq, McDonalds MCD NYSE and Microsoft MSFT NASDAQ

Michael

19. 19 Posted by derekkent23 on 17 Jul, 2020 11:45 AM

Hi Michael

As you can see all your GB tickers in my screen shot return price.
    I will set up the ticker that need a non LSE exchange this evening and see if that has a impact. If not and I can’t reproduce your problem then I will post a process to obtain an error log and let Mike comment on it.
    By the way this is a list of tickers I could not trace using FT that were in your file, so are not in the screen shots. Can you confirm these are the tickers that no longer exist or are they among the ones needing an exchange to be set or do they simply not appear in the Quote Loader list as you have no holding in them and have not ticked INCLUDE ZERO ACCOUNTS.
    CLLN
    ERET
    HMC
    HYC
    OBCGn
    QPP
    SNRP
    UU
    XUSS
    ahmp.l
    ciu
    do1b
    edgd
    htig
    nop
    pumc
    rr
    tmmg
    tpv

20. 20 Posted by derekkent23 on 17 Jul, 2020 12:46 PM

Hi Michael

Try this.

Set source for all securities to FT.

Set all Exch Mods to blank (Don not use an exchange) other than ticker that require a non LSE exchange.

Hope this helps.

21. 21 Posted by michael on 17 Jul, 2020 12:56 PM

Derek

That works but why does it work?

Is it that the exchange mod is irrelevant except in certain circumstrances.

I have set all to FT load and cleared all exchange mods except for MCD – NYSE MSFT - NASDAQ and CRWD – Nasdaq.

I have left NESN blank instead of SIX as before and it seems to return a correct value via FT in Swiss Francs.

More importantly it looks like correct current pricing for the unit trusts.

The tickers in your previous email are all old invalid codes although RR is odd as that’s Rolls Royce but I suspect it would work if it was RR.

Michael

22. 22 Posted by derekkent23 on 17 Jul, 2020 01:33 PM

Hi Michael

From Quote Loader build 3025 an exchange code of :LSE was added to each ticker symbol when Exch Mod is set to LSE.
    Ticker symbols are unique within an exchange, but are not unique across all exchanges. In these cases you need to set a exchange for the correct security/currency to be returned. The exception to this rule is ISIN codes such as your GB securities. This is why they ceased to work when Quote Loader was updated to build 3025 and 3026.

Are you expecting NESN to be traded in Swiss Francs? If not what is its trade currency and what is a resent price?

Or everything now working as it should?

23. 23 Posted by derekkent23 on 17 Jul, 2020 06:57 PM

Hi Michael

The SECURITY DETAIL tab graph issue for securities that are in a non-base currency where the exchange rate for that currency pre date the first purchase date resulting in the graph start date equal to the first exchange rate date is a bug, as you described at https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/problems/61603-bug-w...

As you pointed out the start date of the graph should be equal to the first purchase date.

Only Sean can fix that one.

I will post a reminder of this issue on his Slack web site in the hope he will take another look.

24. 24 Posted by michael on 17 Jul, 2020 08:41 PM

Derek

Guess it might have been kind of nice to know that!!

Seems to be working fine now thanks.

As for NESN I have it set to swiss francs and have been picking that price up from LSE. Now I have to set for SIX (Zurich) of course it comes as CHF which is fine for me.

Michael

25. 25 Posted by derekkent23 on 17 Jul, 2020 09:00 PM

Hi Michael

Glad Quote Loader is again working again for you.

The :LSE exchange extension addition was mentioned in build 3025 release notes.

When to use Exch Mod is explained on page 6 of the PDF.

For PDF relating to build 3026 see post 63 at https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4914-the...

Have Fun, Stay Safe

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac