No Horizontal Slider in Half-Screen View on Windows 10

robnich1

23 Jun, 2020 09:55 PM

When I place a Moneydance Portfolio window in the half-screen view on my Windows 10 computer, with a financial website page listing my holdings on the other half of the screen (Chrome browser), the Current Values on the right edge of the window are partially obscured and cannot be read without moving and enlarging the window. There is no horizontal slider to adjust the position of the values, although there is a vertical slider. This is in Moneydance 2019.s (1880)

Robert N.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 23 Jun, 2020 10:27 PM

Hi Robert,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

Can you try upgrading to the latest free preview version and let us know if it fixes the problem?

Moneydance 2020 (1914) is now available to download from this page

For a full list of improvements in the preview version, please refer to this page.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by robnich1 on 25 Jun, 2020 04:12 PM

Maddy -
    How would I revert to 2019.3 (1880) from the beta version if I wished to do so. I am a bit leery of installing the beta just to see if the problem I described is resolved. Can you duplicate the issue of the absent horizontal slider in the Windows 10 half-screen view in 2019.3?

Robert N.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 25 Jun, 2020 08:12 PM

Hi Robert,
    I was unable to reproduce the absence of an horizontal slider in both versions.

I believe you are using a Windows computer, so in order to upgrade to Moneydance 2020 (1914) , you need to proceed as follow:

Make sure any instance of Moneydance is fully closed before you start

• Moneydance 2020 (1914) here - select the Windows installer;

• Click on Save File and rename it to Moneydance 2020 (1914)), to make it more visible;

-Wait for the file to download fully;

• Click on the downward arrow on your Browser to view the download link;
    • double click on the installer to open the file and initiate the installation;
    • In the window that opens, welcome to the Moneydance Setup Wizard you can choose between:
    1. Yes, update the existing installation (which will overwrite 2019.3 (1880))
    2. No, install into a different directory -> so you can keep both separately
    • Click "Next", allow the installation to complete and click "Finish".

Please keep us posted on your progress, Thank you!

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by robnich1 on 26 Jun, 2020 01:52 AM

Hi Maddy -

Did you specifically check the half-screen Moneydance window -- the one that automatically resizes a large open window to occupy only half of the screen when you fling it to the right or left? It's only then that the horizontal slider is absent -- it is normal in the full-size window.

Robert N.

5. 5 Posted by dwg on 26 Jun, 2020 03:19 AM

I am a fellow user.

I tried putting Moneydance 2020 Build 1914 into half screen mode. The slider bar was present and functioned. The side bar was not scrolled, I really did not expect it to as that windows has an on/off control so is somewhat separate from the main window however the main window scrolled as expected.

6. 6 Posted by robnich1 on 26 Jun, 2020 04:09 PM

dwg -

Did you try looking at the Portfolio view in an Investment? That's where the horizontal slider is absent in my Moneydance, whereas it is present in the half-size Summary window, for example.

I don't understand your comment about an on-off control -- please explain.

Robert N.

7. 7 Posted by robnich1 on 26 Jun, 2020 05:53 PM

I just discovered a workaround which ends the problem I described in my original post of needing to move and widen the half-screen window in order to read the Current Values in the Portfolio view of an investment. Ctrl+Shift+S hides the sidebar and allows the partially hidden Current Values to appear. Hitting those keys again returns the sidebar. Minor problem solved.

Robert N.

8. 8 Posted by dwg on 27 Jun, 2020 10:01 AM

What you found in the side bar being able to turn it off or on was what I meant.

9. 9 Posted by dwg on 27 Jun, 2020 10:07 AM

I just moved to a Windows machine. I can confirm that Portfolio view only works if the side bar is turned off.

10. 10 Posted by robnich1 on 27 Jun, 2020 07:11 PM

OK. Thanks for the clarification, dwg. All is well now that the annoyance of not seeing the Portfolio values without moving and enlarging the half-size window is resolved.

Robert N.

11. Maddy closed this discussion on 27 Jun, 2020 09:09 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac