Amount columns too narrow

steve.crane

25 Jun, 2020 09:02 AM

Moneydance 2019.4 (1899)
Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900)

Font size at Default in preferences.

I just had cause to enter numbers far larger than I typically do and noticed that the Payment/Rate and Deposit/Foreign Amount columns in the split window are too narrow and values greater than 99,999.99 push right against the left of the column (if the first digit is 1) or are truncated at the left of the column otherwise. Changing the width of the window sees the Memo and Category/Tags fields adjust but the value columns remain fixed in width. There are also no dragging handles on the column borders in the heading row to allow manual adjustment of width, a standard behaviour found in most applications on Windows. I am attaching a screenshot.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 25 Jun, 2020 09:21 AM

I'm a fellow user.

The standard method of clicking and holding on the divider lines between the headings and dragging these should work, I just tried it on builds 1904 & 1914 without problem. What is missing is changing the cursor to the usual double arrow.

2. 2 Posted by steve.crane on 25 Jun, 2020 03:27 PM

Ah, thanks for that. It didn't occur to me to try when the mouse pointer didn't change.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Moneydance_columns.png 4.54 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac